The Willows Bed and Breakfast Inn
US$185
MysticHotel.com
Good 3.5/5
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn by the Bay(San Francisco)
US$217
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$290
US$235
  • Restaurant
InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$254
US$222
  • Room Service
Hotel Rex San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$258
US$212
  • Restaurant
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$511
US$476
Marriott Hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
InterContinental San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$405
US$345
InterContinental
  • Pool
US$444
US$398
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$329
US$278
  • Restaurant
All reviewsb bother guestsyogurtmuni stationchurch streetcarrying luggagebreakfast tablebreakfast spreadshared showersleeping roomguest househome away from homecan't imagine staying anywhere elseboiled eggspublic transportationwatch tvcome home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We recently stayed at the Willows Bed & Breakfast Inn from August 23rd 2013 for 9 nights. From our first of many emails, to the warm welcome when we first arrived tired from our long flight from Adelaide South Australia, Mark showed us around the inn & made us feel at home.

Our room was great, clean & exactly what We expected, the amenities were clean & just down the hall.

During the cocktail hour We were able to speak with our hosts that was just so cool they advised us about the area & public transport & were extremely helpful. We met a whole lot of guests that were also staying at the B&B and made some new friends.

Breakfast was always on time & there was a great selection to choose from.

We had the larger upstairs room, although it was a little noisy in the early hours of the evening it really was not that bad & We always had a good sleep.

In the morning after breakfast the hosts were always there to talk about what We were going to do that day & offer their suggestions as well. All in all the Willows inn is a great place to stay & is well located to the Castro & downtown & easily accessible by public transport.

We cannot wait to return in 2015

Thanks so much to Mike, Mark, Jessie & JoJo for making our stay in San Francisco one that We will never forget

Jon & Tony.

Room Tip: We had a larger room at the front of the inn and would probably choose the same room again. The rooms at the rear were a bit closer to the toilet, showers & kitchen but that really wasn't a problem our room was just down the hall, do not be put of by the outside the inside of the inn is great.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jon-Tony C
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I stayed at the Willows Bed and Breakfast Inn for two nights on Oct 4th and 5th. It was planned last minute 2 weeks before my arrival and I'm glad I made the right choice because my hosts were able to accommodate me without knowing it was the Castro street fair that weekend. Again I appreciate them. Anyways I arrived at the airport and got transportation to the inn. Once you arrive you will see a Vietnamese restaurant next to it and next to it is the small entrance (theres a yellow sign/cover right above it) to the inn. It is hard to miss however if you don't pay attention so keep your eyes open.

After finding the entrance I buzzed in and from there after being granted entrance I went up stairs and there I was greeted by Mark and got my keys. After I put down my carry on I was given a tour of the inn, which everything was neat and very home like. It was very beautiful and maintained. It is the Castro after all. Mark explained that breakfast is served in the mornings and where the location of everything was such and so forth. From there the tour ended and I enjoyed a conversation in the day room with some out of country guests, I did however arrived after happy hour which they do provide. After the conversation I ventured the Castro and SF for the next two days.

The rooms were neat and smelled fine. The rooms do not have a bathroom however but do have shared ones on each floor and every time it used it no one occupied them. The shared bathrooms were also well maintained. The rooms do provide you a bathrobe and fresh new towels for your use. My accommodations since they were last minute I stayed one night in a room with a queen size bed. It included an old tv (you're not there to watch tv) a mini fridge and a sink along with your bathroom items. The 2nd night I stayed in a two bedroom suite which had two queen size beds with an HDTV and a sink and bathroom items. Overall I was happy both nights and slept soundly.

Disclaimer: if you're looking to stay in SF on the cheap with awesome service this is the place. Keep in mind factor in taxes. I was thrown off by how SF charges on taxes. So keep in mind add around 15 % additional depending how long you stay. But this is not the inns fault it's the city and the state. (I've been spoiled by living in FL where taxes are low.) The service is awesome and worth it no matter what the cost.

I was heartbroken for leaving this inn! But I had to go! I recommend coming here again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank maui87a
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I just returned from a perfect week in San Francisco. I was so happy staying at Willows from the moment I registered with Mark and he showed me around until Mike arranged for my ride to the airport and signed me out. JoJo knew I was an early riser and made sure to have the coffee ready extra early. Jesse was quitely there in the shadows. The staff encouraged me to feel at home and I did. There were opportunities to meet other very nice guests during breakfast and the evening cocktail hour. Great way to relax before an evening out. Everywhere was spotlessly clean. There are plenty of separate toilets and showers, so it was never a problem finding one available. A nice thick bathrobe was provided to make it easy to get around. The location was so great. There were lots of nice restaurants, a bakery, and laundries all within a block or two. Across the street is a major streetcar stop and subway station. A walk to Castro was maybe 10 minutes. It was the most perfect place for me to base my stay. It became the neighborhood I would most want to live in San Francisco if I lived in San Francisco. My room was charming. It was helpful having the sink with good lighting. I felt very at home in my new city thanks to The Willows. I only wish I had selected a back room. My room faced the street with a nice view, but it was too hot during a couple of unseasonably warm days and the noise from the streetcars bothered me. Luckily, they stopped at 12:30am. Next time I'll ask for a room in the back.

Room Tip: Unfortunately, I reserved a front room with a charming bay window and view. Unfortunately, it can get very hot for a couple days from the sun and held in the heat all night. There is also the streetnoise of the passing electric streetcars with the sounds of their metal wheels grinding against the rails. Fortunately, they stop at 12:30am. I would have been better off in the back (without the view) where the rooms are always cool and quite.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank gkny10011
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Recently stayed for 4 nights with my friend. This is a very nice bnb located in the heart of the Castro. The building is typical of its era and retains the charm and quaintness that the area is known for. We stayed in the upper level in their smallest room which was not a problem. As most bnbs in the area the bathrooms are located in the hall. Not my preference but not a big impact on the experience. The rooms are very clean and all towels etc are replaced daily. The breakfast was fine but the meal area is very small. The location is awesome with the trams located right outside. The evening guest get togethers are great and the hosts offering a nice drink and nibbles. Very nice touch.

Room Tip: All of the rooms seem fine. Would recommend a first level room just to avoid the steep stairs.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Darren M
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed here this past Saturday and Sunday and simply loved it. It was a great price for a great location. We were most impressed by the breakfast spread. Nothing out of the ordinary, but exactly what you needed/wanted. Also, they had Soy Milk for the coffee which is always a plus.

Will be staying here every time I go to San Fran.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple