Sleep Over Sauce
MysticHotel.com
US$592
US$222
  • Pool
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$461
US$250
  • Room Service
InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$227
InterContinental
  • Room Service
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$268
US$204
  • Restaurant
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$298
US$272
  • Bar/Lounge
Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Downtown(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$287
US$262
US$325
US$307
  • Room Service
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$393
US$215
US$512
Hotelpower.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewscommon roomhayes valleygreat roomrestaurant downstairsno elevatorperforming artshaight ashburyother guestslarge tvbed and breakfastcity noisean older buildingtop floora great place to staycomfortable bedsmarket streetunion square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Sleep Over Sauce is not quite a hotel, not quite a B&B. There's a dozen or so rooms over a restaurant, so when you check in you check in at the restaurant bar. Nate who checked us in was beyond awesome. Helpful and accommodating in every way possible, whether it was running outside to hold the hotel door open so I could take beers upstairs, to informing us of some very useful parking tips nearby.

Breakfast is basic (breads, cereals, bagels, juice) but available 24h. Juice and milk was restocked frequently. The large great room was a nice place to hang out. WiFi was fast.

The hotel is located in a convenient area in the Lower Haight and for SF, pretty close to the freeway. Bed was super comfy. I have a new place to stay in SF, yay!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank OB_Dave
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Stayed here in April 2013

A large room with two queen beds and a party sized bathroom with good quality supplies and nice touches for men & women.

The 24 hour continental breakfast is outstanding. I loved the relaxed check in Very close to BART and MUNI lines. Some of the friendliest staff that I met when in California. The bed I had was really comfortable and spotlessly clean. Lots of great restaurants at all price levels very close to this little gem of a small hotel.

Really good value for money I paid £110 for this room before leaving the UK

I will return to this little haven when next in San Francisco

Room Tip: Great Location, very friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast when you want it!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 December 2012

I stayed at the sleep over sauce for a couple nights while visiting San Francisco. The pros: the rooms are quiet, the beds and bedding are really comfortable and they provide quality bathroom supplies. They're pretty well located on Gough near Market, which provides easy access to the BART and MUNI. The people who work there are really motivated to create a nice environment and the great room with the tv, fridge, extra computers is very homey. The cons: its a bit cold in the morning and you don't have access to a thermostat. It is slightly annoying that the BART is 1 stop away on the MUNI lines. Finally, the check in time is a bit late compared to other places I've stayed at, but to their credit, they made a really nice effort to let me check in early and the great room is really comfy.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Patrick122012
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Above a restaurant with a few rooms. No permanent front desk. Very friendly service. Room was good, could be a bit noisy, but not bad. All in all, a good place to stay ! Would be happy to stay again.
All day cereal/fruit breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 September 2012

My husband and I stayed here on the first two nights of our trip to NoCal. This place reminded me of a really nice hostel with private bathrooms. The room was clean, the bed was comfy and we definitely had more room than I expected we would...the 24 hour continental breakfast was a nice, but unexpected perk too. There were plenty of good places to eat and nice looking bars in the area as well.
Just a tip though: if you can not sleep through street noise (especially on the wkend), this is not the place for you.
I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple