If you want to stay in this area and don't mind paying a little extra for quality, this hotel is a good choice. It's a very pleasant, old-school Oriental themed hotel. For example, while the windows had the usual blackout curtains, in front of the curtains were translucent, Oriental-style sliding panels. However, since the hotel is not new, some modern amenities were missing, such as power outlets on the desk or nightstand to recharge electronics.
One piece of excellent service: I had ordered a $4 side order for breakfast, and left it on the room service card overnight. In the morning the room service manager phoned and asked if I really wanted it, since there would be a $5 room service charge. She pointed out that I could get the same side order in the downstairs restaurant without the $5 charge. I cancelled the room service order and did exactly that. Very thoughtful of the manager.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a unique blend of Eastern and Western influences, Hotel Kabuki offers sleek and serene accommodations in the heart of Japantown. Unwind in style. Our rooms offer a refined and serene ambiance and an aesthetic that marries Eastern and Western sensibilities. Some feature luxurious amenities like Japanese-style soaking tubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Hotel Kabuki, a Joie de Vivre hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kabuki Hotel San Francisco
- Miyako Hotel San Francisco
- Hotel Kabuki San Francisco
- Kabuki San Francisco