I did an overnight here while in SF for business. I always wanted to check out this hotel. I know nothing as good as the "real thing" (having been to Japan) but, I like Japantown. I stayed on a Monday, by myself, in the cheapest room they have. Lobby is lovely and staff was nice enough. Valet parking is $40 or you can go and pack yourself for $20 a day in the garage next door. No in and out if you do that.
My room was next to an elevator (which I usually request not to be near, but I forgot as it was a last minute booking). This elevator was used by staff, and was often noisy throughout the morning. It was really annoying. This room was 712.
The room has nice decor, however, things are a bit chipped and rough around the edges. The bathroom is quite strange, with two showers and a soaking tub. The toilet and fixtures were very outdated and had rust issues. The bathroom really needs an update. I felt like it hadn't been touched since 1972.
The bed was very comfortable. Noise from the street wasn't bad. My view is of the neighborhood. There was a really nasty (and probably still is) cigarette butt on the little patio. I was so grossed out by it I kept the windows closed the rest of the trip until when I left.
One of the outlets in my room didn't work, and I didn't realize until the morning. A shame, I plugged my laptop into it and it didn't charge overnight.
The restaurant is closed on Sunday and Monday evenings. Really disappointing, as I'm not a Korean food fan and the sushi I have had in the neighborhood after 9 PM is not very good. I arrived at the hotel starving and ready for a nightcap, and had to suffer through not so fresh sushi at a place nearby full of Facebook brogrammers.
While I wanted to love this place, I probably would not stay here again unless I booked a larger, bigger, more expensive room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a unique blend of Eastern and Western influences, Hotel Kabuki offers sleek and serene accommodations in the heart of Japantown. Unwind in style. Our rooms offer a refined and serene ambiance and an aesthetic that marries Eastern and Western sensibilities. Some feature luxurious amenities like Japanese-style soaking tubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Kabuki, a Joie de Vivre hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kabuki Hotel San Francisco
- Miyako Hotel San Francisco
- Hotel Kabuki San Francisco
- Kabuki San Francisco