Hotel Griffon - A Greystone Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$209
US$187
Mystic Hotel(San Francisco)
US$190
US$155
MysticHotel.com
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Buchanan(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$235
  • Restaurant
Hotel Rex San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$204
US$170
  • Restaurant
Hilton Parc 55 San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$244
US$209
  • Bar/Lounge
InterContinental San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$203
  • Restaurant
Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Downtown(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$288
  • Fitness centre
US$512
Hotelpower.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbay bridgeferry buildinggreat locationexposed brickrooms are smallgiants gameexecutive suitefarmers marketbay view roomturn down servicerestaurant downstairsroom servicecomfortable bedfinancial districtvalet parkingeasy accessfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 November 2010

I stayed here Nov 13-16. I booked the "bed & breakfast" package - which gives you a $40 credit in the restaurant every day of your stay - and you can use it at anytime (easily covers 2 meals). The comfort food menu offers lots of choices and everything I had was very good. Enjoying dinner on the outdoor patio on the water overlooking the lights of the Bay Bridge was spectacular. Hotel staff were helpful with maps, tour suggests and coordinating transportation to the airport. Customer service was outstanding. I stayed in a Non-view queen bed room - it was not as small as some the reviews lead me to believe. There is a small desk and chair .. with free internet hookup. The bathroom sink was in the room rather than with the tub and toilet. They drop off chocolates with their turn down service. There is a small safe (large enough for a notebook) and umbrella for your use. The room was very clean. The location is good too ... a safe neighbourhood within walking distance to many attractions and streetcar. Next time I visit SF, I will be back.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 November 2010

When arriving to the hotel I first noticed its delightful charm from the outside of the building, when entering the remodeled and updated contemporary lobby we were greeted right away by the hotel staff Olivia, and another gentleman(forgot his name) but both were very helpful and welcoming! The parking for us was a breeze, we were able to utilize the parking meters right out front on the hotel, and I believe it is free parking on the weekends, which was great. We reserved a standard room which was a bit small, but you have to keep in mind the old layout of boutique style hotels the rooms will be smaller, but by no means was it lacking. The room was clean and cozy, a great fit for us. I love the fact this hotel is environmentally friendly, and had many green features within the hotel. Perry’s Restaurant has a full breakfast, lunch and dinner menu with a bar, attached directly next door to the Hotel Griffon, which was tasty. The view of the Oakland Bridge is absolutely beautiful from the 2nd floor window (a great photo op). The location is off the beaten path of all the hustle and bustle of other busy areas of the city, but is right around the corner form the embarcadero and not far from Fisherman’s Warf. Overall we loved our stay at Hotel Griffon, and will stay again in the future! FYI check the weather report before you leave. People assume the weather will be chilly, but we were pleasantly surprised with record breaking 75-80 degree weather in November!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2010

Lovely little hotel - rooms are small but very cosy. No view - only a brick wall which was a bit disappointing. Decent nights sleep - however we could hear the noise from the bar and were woken on 2 nights around 2am by people shouting in the corridor - but if there is a bar on the premises I suppose it can only be expected. Good location if you like walking - perfect for popping over to the Ferry Building for morning coffee and a muffin!

The only downside was that I did not get my security deposit back until I returned to the UK - this was 1 week and 1 day after leaving the hotel. I had phoned and was told it would only be 3/4 business days, however this was not the case. Just make sure that if you are booking into this hotel, you have plenty of money and that you are not relying on the deposit to be credited back to your card quickly.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2010

I only stayed one night here, but would return anytime. Location was a perfect walk from Chinatown, the rooms were absolutely georgous with great toiletries,but the service was the BEST. The staff were really helpful and even allowed me to store my 5 bags there when I went to Sausalito for the weekend. I could not recommend this place more highly.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 October 2010

We had a December wedding across the street. Our guests raved about their stay and they worked with us to make the planning very simple. Booking for our guests were very easy. The rooms were a very nice backdrop for our wedding photos. The staff worked with on every aspect of our planning any special details were followed through. All gift baskets were delivered to the appropriate guest. Not a single mix up.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family