We stayed at Petite Auberge for four nights for a sightseeing stopover in San Francisco based on the recommendations from this site and we weren't disappointed. Its true that some might prefer modern hotels with crisp and sleek decor where you don't meet other guests, so if that's you then this place might not be the best - but if you're wanting a small quaint place to spend a bit more time, you'll enjoy it here.
The room was very clean and on the whole functional, although the TV was inside a cabinet and couldn't really be moved to a good place for watching it. The decor is very floral and colourful - fun for a hotel room but definitely not what I'd want at home. The teddy bear on the bed is a nice touch too. The fireplace is great for ambience if you have one, although because it has to be turned off when asleep, we got a little cold at night (it was unusually cold in SF with highs 40-50F).
Breakfast (included in price) had a good selection of pastry, cereal, toast, etc, and the hors d'oeuvres and wine in the evenings were nice too, and substantial enough that if you don't feel like going out for dinner you can get by, if you don't mind listening to the same playlist of Parisian music every day. Its also a great place to chat with other travelers to get ideas of what to see and where to eat in town.
Location is superb - only a 5 -10 min walk from the Powell St BART station and Market St, and a nice walk into Fisherman's wharf (40 min) for the day. The only slight frustration was that it seemed no one was ever at the front desk, apart from the very middle of the day. It wasn't really a problem though because the White Swan (owned by the same group) two doors down always has a person who is willing to help.
All in all, a wonderful place and highly recommended for those who like a homely touch to their stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located between Nob Hill and Union Square, Petite Auberge is the perfect small hotel for a trip to San Francisco. The Petite Auberge welcomes you to a world of French provincial enchantment. French doors with beveled glass, a collection of French art, a cozy parlor with a crackling fire and afternoon wine and hors d'oeuvres. Most guestrooms offer fireplaces. We offer a generous breakfast buffet each morning and an evening wine reception. Fresh baked cookies are available each afternoon. Also, check out our sister hotel, White Swan Inn just 20 feet away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Petite Auberge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Petite Auberge Hotel San Francisco
- Petite Auberge San Francisco