I recently stayed for six nights here during a business trip to San Francisco and I have absolutely zero complaints. The area is in a great location -- close enough to walk to the city financial center and the shops near Union Square Park, and also near many good restaurants and bars.
When they checked me into a "downstairs" room, I immediately cringed and asked for another, unsuccessfully. In the end, I loved my room, which though on the lower level, got a decent amount of sunlight.
The room was tastefully decorated and homey. The bed, big & comfortable. And I enjoyed the fireplace on a couple of chilly nights. While I was on the same floor as the kitchen and dining area, I was never bothered by any noise at all.
I never actually saw anyone at the front desk of this hotel, which was a little odd. But I never had to ask for anything either. Staff in the dining area at breakfast were courteous.
Although I was tempted to sample some of San Francisco's bakeries, I couldn't pass up the breakfast served each morning, which typically included an interesting egg dish (quiche, etc), pancakes or biscuits, sausage, fresh fruit, pastries, oatmeal, yogurt, cottage cheese, breads and jam. The variations kept it interesting and satisfying for the whole time I was at the hotel.
Petite also had an afternoon happy hour. I made it back to the room only a couple of times to enjoy a glass of wine, but I thought it was pretty good, as were the cookies in the lobby.
One additional perk I really appreciated was the complimentary water, sodas and coffee.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located between Nob Hill and Union Square, Petite Auberge is the perfect small hotel for a trip to San Francisco. The Petite Auberge welcomes you to a world of French provincial enchantment. French doors with beveled glass, a collection of French art, a cozy parlor with a crackling fire and afternoon wine and hors d'oeuvres. Most guestrooms offer fireplaces. We offer a generous breakfast buffet each morning and an evening wine reception. Fresh baked cookies are available each afternoon. Also, check out our sister hotel, White Swan Inn just 20 feet away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Petite Auberge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Petite Auberge Hotel San Francisco
- Petite Auberge San Francisco