“One of the gems in the neighbourhood”
Review of Mission Beach Cafe

Mission Beach Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Mission Beach Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #371 of 5,693 Restaurants in San Francisco
Neighbourhood: Mission District
Cross street: 14th
Transit: Muni: Church & Market
Toronto, Canada
“One of the gems in the neighbourhood”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I've been here for brunch, which is totally excellent… but dinner was great! The main course was large enough to keep me full, and saved just enough for the dessert. The friendly waiter was right, save room for dessert, as the sour cherry pie was to kill for! totally delicious. Wine selection was not bad for a small cafe. And as a solo diner, it was one of the most pleasant solo dinners I've had on my travels. Highly recommended for singles or with friends! especially for brunch!

• Visited March 2014

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Nice diner spot”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We ate here with another couple on a Saturday night. The restaurant was completely full, fortunately we had made reservations. We shared two appetizers, a beet salad and a lettuce salad. Both were very good but we should have probably ordered two of each given the portion size. We then ordered an entree apiece. Two of us had the rabbit gumbo, one person had the pork chop, and one person had a pasta and vegetable dish. The pork chop was the definite winner. The gumbo was good but I would have preferred more seasoning. The restaurant was somewhat loud but not so you couldn't have a conversation. My biggest complaint was how warm it was inside the restaurant despite, the heat could have been turned down 5 or 10 degrees. Definitely would return, am also intrigued by their brunch which has received rave reviews.

• Visited February 2014
“Unbelievable!”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

This cafe was recommended by a local. We went and had the most amazing brunch I think I've ever had. If you like mushrooms they have a mushroom Benedict to die for. They also have pancakes that are out of this world. You may have to wait a few minutes for a table but it is definitely a worthwhile wait. I wanted to just eat here every day.

San Francisco, California
“Egg benedict and pancakes!”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We went there for a Saturday brunch today. There were lots of people waiting outside at 10:30am. However, it seems that most groups are parties of 2. We were a party of 3 and we waited about 10 minutes, so it wasn't too bad.

We ordered mushroom egg benedict, crab and bay shrimp egg benedict, side of bacon, one side order of pancake, and one side order of French toast. We also got the regular coffee and cappuccino. They use Flying Goat's coffee beans.

The egg benedicts were excellent. Both mushroom and bay shrimp egg benedicts are delicious. The bacon is cooked with a bit of syrup and is delicious. Between the French toast and the pancake, I thought the pancake was more delicious than the French toast. If I go back again, I'll skip the French toast and go with the pancakes.

The cappuccino was a bit disappointing. I think their regular coffee was much better.

Overall, a good place to go for a weekend brunch if you don't mind waiting. They do not take reservation for brunches.

The service was great. Seating was a bit crampped, but not unbearable.

I would definitely go back again.

The bill was about 24 dollars per person. Tax and tip included.

• Visited February 2014
Barcelona, Spain
“Eggs Benedict!”
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Just went today to have brunch! Loved the food! Excellent! All delicious! Try out the mushrooms and caramelized onion with truffle benedict eggs! By far the best plate we had!
Service is as well very nice!
The only problem is the long line! we had to wait for about one hour... I'd recommed you to go early... just in case!

• Visited November 2013