InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
The Scarlet Huntington(San Francisco)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Grant Hotel(San Francisco)
  • Breakfast included
White Swan Inn(San Francisco)
Petite Auberge(San Francisco)
  • Breakfast included
The Orchard Hotel(San Francisco)
2,644 results
All reviewsnob hillmark restaurantcable cargrace cathedralunion squarehistoric hotelthe club loungetop floorcalifornia streetper dayan older hotelan upgradewater pressurecorner roomthe golden gate bridgevalet parkingfisherman's wharf
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 October 2012

So, this hotel is very nice. You will not be disappointed. The room was a good size and the bathroom was huge. Beds were pretty comfortable but the pillows were too soft. Staff was nothing but attentive. Location was decent and Top of the Mark (bar/restaurant) had great views, good drinks, and decent food. It wasn't close to many things (we came during a convention so we didn't have much choice in accommodations) and there were small annoyances with the room. First, there was nowhere to recharge anything and in this day and age I don't think this should be an issue, second the bathroom was huge but had no counter space and nowhere convenient to hang towels and such. It is really just wasted space. I might go here again, but with so many other choices the cost might not draw me in again (my husband's company was covering the cost this time).

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 October 2012

Stayed at this hotel during an interview, so I was not footing the bill and have no idea of the price. But the room was very nice, comfortable beds, clean bathrooms. My big mistake was that I walked from the Bart train drop-off on Market St - this hotel is straight uphill from that point and I was spent!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 October 2012

I spent three days at the Mark Hopkins while on business in San Francisco. I think had I been on vacation with my husband, I might have enjoyed the hotel and amenities better. The view was astounding, service top notch (with the exception of receiving my faxes), and my room service breakfast each day was on time and tasteful. As another contributor also commented, I too liked the fact that the windows opened for fresh air. As for my room, somewhat on the small size, I thought it was in need of just a little TLC. I noticed stains on one of the sheets and unseemly marks on the wall in the bathroom. I don't believe this hotel is really set up for the business traveler in mind, as most guests appeared to be on holiday, and faxes were not delivered to my room until several hours after receipt, and then only after calls to the front desk. Finally, be aware that the Mark Hopkins is at the top of Nob Hill, a very steep hill, and not easy to climb from downtown, though I did several times as it is hit or miss to find a taxi at the best of times, and the cable car that goes up California Street was always packed. I would highly recommend this hotel for tourists, but not for someone on business.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Leslie A
Reviewed 5 October 2012 via mobile

I stayed as part of a working trip and was expecting something impressive given the price. Sadly this was not my experience.

I was in a corner room which was small and difficult to navigate because of the floor layout (eg to open the bathroom door you almost had to stand in the bath). Internet of the most basic sort (256kb) at $12/night should also be criminal in this age - especially given somewhat unreliable wifi. The aircon had a habit of turning off during the day resulting in uncomfortable hot/freezing returns to the room. These are not things I expect from a prestigious high cost establishment.

Redeeming my experience somewhat, the view from the upper floors is amazing, and you are close to the 'Top of the Mark' restaurant for the most amazing view of San Fran. House keeping were also attentive to detail and very friendly.

If I were to visit again, I think I'd explore other options.

IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2012

Dear Stephen D,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the view from our rooms and had a good experience with our housekeeping. Please accept my sincerest apology for any inconvenience you experienced with the Internet connection and air conditioner malfunctioning during your stay. I appreciate you bringing these issues into our attention as this is our best resource of improving guest satisfaction.

We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 5 October 2012

After a long holiday that took us across the US from West coast to East coast and back, we choose this hotel for five days to rest before our trip back to Australia. On arriving from New York we had a nine year old who was still recovering from a fever. We headed to our Club room needing some restful sleep but were woken by a drunken idiot who kept rattling our door, before realising his room was next door! This was then followed by the locked connecting door being rattled again 30 minutes later, which was professionally addressed by security and Russell (Manager) who attempted to address the issue with our useless next door neighbour. Although this was a less than perfect start it was the way management and staff handled everything afterwards that was most impressive. Although the incident was no fault of the hotels we were offered an upgrade to a suite in the morning and a special thanks has to go to Daniela the hotel manager who bent over backwards to ensure we didn't suffer another night of interruption. The staff are happy in the job and an absolute pleasure (Demi, Jose and Anna were great). It was the small touches that made the stay a happy memory, such as the chocs and cold milk left for us in our room after the incident and how staff looked after us for the remaining days. The hotel is a real gem and once you get a handle on using the trams the hills are a breeze. The decor is impressive and in keeping with its heritage. Have no doubts about staying here...you'll be looked after and although a little pricey I'd recommend going 'club' as they lay on some special events in the lounge for breakfast and dinner.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family