We love this hotel. The rooms are very luxurious and the beds are comfortable. Stay on a top floor for the wonderful views. There is nothing like watching the sun rise and paint the Golden Gate Bridge and the Grace Cathedral. Get a package in order to make the parking somewhat more reasonable. We got the "San Francisco experience" which gave us parking, breakfast and 3-day cable car passes. The hotel is on the California Cable Car line and a block up from the Powell line. We left the car in the garage and rode the cable car around SF. They also have a house car for short trips, although we didn't use it. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Wi-fi is not included in the hotel stay unless you get a business package. This is rather annoying, but we just used our phones.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HISTORIC GRANDEUR ON THE CREST OF NOB HILL As splendid now as when it opened to great fanfare in 1926, InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco is one of the city’s finest hotels. Located at the crossing of three cable car lines, the venerable landmark is minutes from Union Square, Chinatown, and the Financial District. Fisherman’s Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge are short drives away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Priceline, IHG, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Intercontinental San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental