This hotel has a grand and gracious presentation to the street. It also has a fine history. However, for those of you familar with other Intercontinental Hotels, it is not the Willard in Washington or the Barclay in New York. The rooms are spacious and comfortable enough (I had a 1 bedroom suite). But they have not been given the benefit of a thoughtful update. The compact poorly placed Plasma screen in the bedroom is an example. The food options are suprisingly ordinary. Room service menu is narrow and unimaginative. There are no real meal facilities in the hotel - the Top of the Mark restaurant does not satisfy and the Club Lounge is disappointing. In the context of these disappointments there was nothing to lift the hotel out of the ordinary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HISTORIC GRANDEUR ON THE CREST OF NOB HILL As splendid now as when it opened to great fanfare in 1926, InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco is one of the city’s finest hotels with a long legacy of service excellence. Located at the crossing of three cable car lines, the venerable landmark is minutes from Union Square, Chinatown, and the Financial District. Fisherman’s Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge are short drives away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Intercontinental San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental