The Mark Hopkins is located at a perfect location in the city, provided you have no problem to conquer the steep streets. The views from the Top of the Mark are great. The general atmosphere of the hotel is rather outdated, but could still be charming if the personnel would be hospitable, which they are not except for the staff at the reception.
The bartender and waiters at the Top of the Mark were downright unfriendly and seem only interested at getting writ of their customers. In general the personnel could increase their language skills and hospitality skills.
A further item is the fee charged for a very slow internet connection, which is something that is not expected at a business hotel.
What we very much liked was the breakfast in the Top of the Mark. the quality of the food and the views there were excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HISTORIC GRANDEUR ON THE CREST OF NOB HILL As splendid now as when it opened to great fanfare in 1926, InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco is one of the city’s finest hotels with a long legacy of service excellence. Located at the crossing of three cable car lines, the venerable landmark is minutes from Union Square, Chinatown, and the Financial District. Fisherman’s Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge are short drives away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Intercontinental San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental