Second stay in this hotel. The hotel is a historical landmark in SF, but needs to be updated on the inside. The rooms are clean but the furniture is outdated, doors are damaged by suitcases and shoes from other guests.
We had a room on the 10th floor. The views are stunning. The bed is very comfortable.
We were recognized as Platinum members.
What I still don't understand is that they have 3 different prices for breakfast while it's a buffet. You always get the invoice for the most extensive breakfast while we did not eat the most extensive breakfast. We had to ask to change the invoice. The fruit they serve is one of the best I ever saw in hotels and I stayed in a lot of hotels.
The gym is very small and in the basement with no views. I used it twice while nobody else was using it. Think most people do not go to the gym here, maybe because it's also outdated. I do miss a sauna in the hotel.
Waiting for the elevator takes forever especially in the morning. Valet is perfect but expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HISTORIC GRANDEUR ON THE CREST OF NOB HILL As splendid now as when it opened to great fanfare in 1926, InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco is one of the city’s finest hotels with a long legacy of service excellence. Located at the crossing of three cable car lines, the venerable landmark is minutes from Union Square, Chinatown, and the Financial District. Fisherman’s Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge are short drives away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Intercontinental San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental