Where to begin- this was a trip of 5 nights during Thanksgiving. Such a wonderful location. We travel often by public transportation and the cable cars are right at the corner- to the Wharf- to Union Square or up/down California Street. We were warmly greeted and upgraded to a beautiful corner room. It was so nice and the views were spectacular. We had a rate that included breakfast at the Top of the Mark on the 19th floor EVERY day!! How pampered can you be?!! The staff in the restaurant was OUTSTANDING. We don't have anything to complain about . The food from cereal, oatmeal, dim sun (sp?), waffles, bacon, 2-3 kinds of eggs each morning, pastries, toast, salmon, bagels, FRESH FRESH FRUIT, potatoes, and on and on. The staff was so attentive and in a pleasant way. I just wanted to hug them when we left the last morning because they were like family. Take your camera/phone because the views from the restaurant are AWESOME. We picked a different view every day. We would stay here again in a heart beat!! The Christmas decorations are beautiful. On Thanksgiving they have a special petting zoo in the back of the lobby for the children- HOWEVER- I only saw one child petting the animals and the rest were ADULTS!! lol.. Thank you staff. The concierge is the nicest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HISTORIC GRANDEUR ON THE CREST OF NOB HILL As splendid now as when it opened to great fanfare in 1926, InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco is one of the city’s finest hotels. Located at the crossing of three cable car lines, the venerable landmark is minutes from Union Square, Chinatown, and the Financial District. Fisherman’s Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge are short drives away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Odigeo, TravelUp and Priceline so you can book your InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Intercontinental San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental