I was a little worried after reading some of the reviews for this hotel, but I had a great experience. I found my room to be a good size, the bed was super comfortable, everything was very clean and the staff were attentive and helpful. Like a lot of people, I've stayed in a lot of hotels. I find that if you choose the cheapest room possible you generally don't have the experience you could have if you chose the next room up. For example, I was on Level 15 which had an incredible view (see photo) and was very quiet. I know people who stayed on Level 2 and 3 and found it noisy. So if quiet is important to you, pay the extra and have a quiet experience. If saving money is more important to you, go the standard room. Internet is free for IHG members which is good, because it's an additional fee. I didn't need to park, and $52 a night is standard for San Francisco, but I wouldn't want to pay that. I ate room service a lot, and found the service good (direct line, the person answered quickly and called me by name) and the food of a good standard - it's still room service after all! Yes, room service is expensive, but again, that shouldn't be news to anyone.
My only real complaint about this hotel is something they can't control - the steep hills! There are also not many nearby restaurants so you're looking at a hike down and up a series of very steep hills. Union Square is easy distance wise, but the hills are a killer workout!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HISTORIC GRANDEUR ON THE CREST OF NOB HILL As splendid now as when it opened to great fanfare in 1926, InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco is one of the city’s finest hotels with a long legacy of service excellence. Located at the crossing of three cable car lines, the venerable landmark is minutes from Union Square, Chinatown, and the Financial District. Fisherman’s Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge are short drives away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Intercontinental San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental