....but were sorely disappointed. I think if I hadn't had such high expectations, I would've given it a four. But this is on top of a SF hill, across from the luxurious Fairmont, and you expect grandeur, especially given the front entrance. This is just ordinary. Nothing special. They need to do a lot to upgrade this. The beds are definitely comfortable and the pillows are great. The atmosphere is nice if a bit stuffy. The hotel is quiet overall. The location is very good. There are no aggressive panhandlers at this hotel as there are at many of the downtown hotels. That is a definite plus. The employees are terrific, seriously helpful and delightful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HISTORIC GRANDEUR ON THE CREST OF NOB HILL As splendid now as when it opened to great fanfare in 1926, InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco is one of the city’s finest hotels. Located at the crossing of three cable car lines, the venerable landmark is minutes from Union Square, Chinatown, and the Financial District. Fisherman’s Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge are short drives away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Intercontinental San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental