My wife and I stayed at the Mark Hopkins in June 2014. Upon arrival, we were greeted by every staff member that we came across. The luggage service was extremely polite and helpful, even adding "Fragile" stickers to the cases of wine that we had purchased in Napa Valley. The room was outstanding, great views and very roomy and clean. It had all the creature comforts that you could imagine. The bed was one of the more comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept on. The concierge was extremely knowledgeable and even assisted us in a more convenient return of our rental car.
This hotel is located within walking distance to Union Square, Chinatown, the Ferry Building and Fisherman's Wharf. If you aren't up to tackling the hills in San Francisco, the cable car runs right by the Mark Hopkins. My only regret is that we weren't able to make it to the Top Of The Mark for drinks and entertainment.
Consider this wonderful hotel for your stay in San Francisco.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HISTORIC GRANDEUR ON THE CREST OF NOB HILL As splendid now as when it opened to great fanfare in 1926, InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco is one of the city’s finest hotels with a long legacy of service excellence. Located at the crossing of three cable car lines, the venerable landmark is minutes from Union Square, Chinatown, and the Financial District. Fisherman’s Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge are short drives away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Intercontinental San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental