InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco
US$395
US$253
  • Pool
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$388
US$368
  • Room Service
US$302
US$272
  • Restaurant
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$259
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$317
US$255
US$284
US$256
US$591
US$500
  • Restaurant
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
US$472
US$251
US$321
US$291
US$359
US$307
2,659 results
All reviewsnob hillmark restaurantcable cargrace cathedralunion squarehistoric hotelthe club loungetop floorcalifornia streetper dayan older hotelan upgradewater pressurecorner roomthe golden gate bridgevalet parkingfisherman's wharf
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I booked the Mark Hopkins, after I had stayed there on a business trip 2 years ago. And again it has been a great experience. We originaly planned to stay two nights, and we ended up extending our stay until our plane wss due 2 days later. The staff is very competent, helpful and friendly. The maid left a nice note of gratitude for the tip, and with one of the porters I had an interesting conversation about philosophy in America and Europe. David (?) at the reception desk patiently helped me figure out the best bargain for the extra nights we wanted to book. We enjoyed the benefits of a package including the (extraordinarily generous) breakfast, the valet parking, and a MUNI day pass incl the cable car, which conviently stops right in front of the hotel. Although we sometimes felt tempted to not even leave the room (on the 14th floor), with a great view (towards the Golden Gate Bridge). I am traveling a lot, and usually stay in 4 or 5 * hotels, thus, I know, what to expect. The Mark Hopkins really exceeded my expectations. Flawless. An awesome experience, and a memorable way to end our 3-week holiday in California. An extra plus is, by the way, that the windows in the guest rooms open, and that the WiFi is free of charge for IHG Reward Members.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LiA G
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My son had his reception at the Top of the Mark and it could not have been
better. The service was great, the food was great and what could be better than a birds eye view of San Francisco and the Bay area.
Take your own bottled water. A bottle of Water is $6.50 in the mini bar. . You can purchase
2 cases of water at Wallgreens for $6.50. There is a Waljgreens on every corner.

Room Tip: Famous older hotel but classy, It all seems good. Its a fun place to stay no matter what room i would imagine. Beware of parking you could pay as much as $54.00 per day to park if you have a car. Best to use public transportation unless a car is absolutely necessary.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kft1940
Reviewed 22 July 2014

When planning for our 25th Wedding Anniversary trip to San Francisco I took a lot of time selecting the hotel. I picked the Mark Hopkins for what it promised to offer, superb service, historic setting, and an unforgettable stay.

Our stay was for 4 days and three nights in a King Executive Room on the 9th floor facing the rear of the hotel. I am an Ambassador Platinum Elite member of the IHG rewards program so we did get a few perks. However, the real service started before we arrived. John in Reservations at the Hotel linked me with the staff at the Top of the Mark and the Concierge staff so everything was perfect when we arrived. Marie Helene and Mary Jane were wonderful. Everyone at the Mark Hopkins is pleasant, helpful, and go out of their way to make your stay memorable. The Nob Hill Club was an excellent venue for breakfast before sightseeing each morning and a perfect place to relax for an evening cocktail.

Yes the items in the hotel are pricey, if you can't afford it then select another hotel in the city.

Our next visits to San Francisco will be at the Mark Hopkins.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I flipped a coin between the Mark Hopkins and the Intercontinental south of Market where I had stayed previously. They are two entirely different experiences and, on balance, I've concluded that the newer cousin is the one for me.

The Mark has a great location for a view. I could see the bay, Alcatraz, and part of the GG Bridge from my 14th floor room. The room itself was adequate with a very comfortable king size bed. The room lacked storage with only a small closet and three tiny drawers in the desk all of which my lady friend appropriated leaving me to live out of a suitcase. The bath was small but had adequate counter space and towel bars. The lighting in the room was adequate. In the morning, I heard activity in the adjoining room but did not hear noise at night in the corridor, The service was not great. After checking in, we (she) requested extra hangars which arrived nearly 45 minutes later. I also realized when I got up to Napa for an affair that I had left a tie case and tie in the closet. I called and spoke to the housekeeper/lost and found person who promised to check and see where the were and call me back but 4 days later, I've heard nothing and the FedEx person has not appeared at my office. Good bye $200. tie. Oh, well. Who wears ties anyway.
I had seen reviews saying the elevator service was not great. However, I had no problems with that. I stopped at the Top of the Mark after dinner for a drink but it seemed dingy and not particularly inviting. On the positive side, the folks at the desk, the door and the bell department were helpful and pleasant.

Room Tip: Suggest high floor on California Street Side for views
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jagman8f
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed here for three nights before heading to Yosemite and Vegas. I thought the location was good as you can catch a cable car from the top of the street and either head to the embarcadero/fisherman's wharf or down to Union Square to hit the shops. When we checked in we were informed they would be upgrading us free of charge which was a pleasant surprise and greatly appreciated. The room was spacious and clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. All in all we had a pleasant stay here and if/when we return to San Fran we will be sure to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple