We were a bit dubious when we were first shown to our room at the Huntington. While quite large and very bright it definitely showed its age, especially in the bathroom and the "wet bar"; both decidedly fifties. As it turned out, we were completely delighted with our stay. The room was very quiet (they knew how to build them in 1924), the staff was absolutely first rate (courteous and helpfull, especially the concierges and the head doorman), and the location just perfect - shared with the likes of the Mark Hopkins and the Fairmont but at a better price. Bed and linens were excellent. Nob Hill is very centrally located and has great views of the city in all directions. Grace Cathedral, just across the street, is a remarable building well worth a visit, and bus and cable routes are all conveniently close. Fine restaurants are within an easy (albeit steep) walk, and two of the three we tried for dinner were terrific. Venticello (the subject of another review) is a standout. The bar is beautiful, very cozy with an excellent piano player. We would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed to spark the imagination and provide an adventure for the senses, the much beloved and newly renovated Huntington Hotel re-emerges in May 2014 from a $15 million renovation as The Scarlet Huntington. The Scarlet Huntington builds upon the property's original charm, graciousness and exceptionally high standards while introducing locals and visitors to a unique and avant-garde style that is influenced by a vibrant Singapore Peranakan heritage woven together with the opulence of San Francisco. More than just a name, The Scarlet possesses a distinguished charm and charismatic aura, likened to a gracious hostess who indulges guests with a luxurious stay experience. Providing a warm ad familiar welcome, the iconic red of the former Huntington Hotel's exterior - as displayed in the brick facade and illuminated sign high atop the hotel - will permeate the new aesthetic, representing the hotel's heritage while embracing the passion and allure defined by The Scarlet; offering uninhibited luxury to every guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Scarlet Huntington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Huntington Hotel & Nob Hill San Francisco
- The Huntington Hotel And Nob Hill Spa