InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$317
US$297
  • Room Service
Beck's Motor Lodge(San Francisco)
US$356
Official Hotel
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$345
US$327
  • Room Service
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$324
US$237
Official Site
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$279/night.

US$526
US$494
  • Pool
US$406
US$329
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$416/night.

Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$309
US$302
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$341/night.

US$373
US$341
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Chancellor Hotel on Union Square(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$282
US$276
  • Restaurant
Hotel Diva(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$264
US$236
1,545 results
All reviewsgrace cathedralnob hillbig restaurantinfinity poolspa facilitiespiano barcable carsteam roomcalifornia streetupgraded to a suiteunion squareclassic hotelan upgraderoom serviceone bedroom suitemark hopkinshotel guests
Reviewed 12 September 2013

If you’re a business traveler or just a traveler with modern expectations of how a 21st century hotel in a 24-hour city should operate, I would not recommend the Huntington Hotel. While a charming building in a great SF Nob Hill location, I was incredibly disappointed on my recent two-night stay. I had a room on the 12th floor – room 1205 (which was a premium room), but it was one of the non-renovated suites. The interior gave me the feeling of walking back into the 1950s, reminiscent of my grandmother’s boudoir. To continue with that same theme, the bathroom had not been touched since Eisenhower was the sitting American President! When I went to shower after a rather sleepless night, I quickly realized that the shower was inoperable (when I pulled the lever to imitate the showerhead, the peg kept going reverting back to tub mode). After about 10-minutes of finagling a solution, I threw in the towel (literally) and ended up taking a bath! At nearly 400 USD a night, I want a shower!

Before leaving the hotel for my meetings after my first night, I informed the front desk of my issues with the shower. After some back and forth, they agreed to move me to a renovated room later in the afternoon. I was moved down to the 5th floor (same stack – room 505). While the updated room was quite nice, the internet did not work, as I was informed that the concrete and steel in some rooms of the Huntington is too “thick” to allow the quality signal to penetrate. I then moved rooms yet again…. This time to a suite on the 10th floor (room 1001). The room was palatial in size, but again, outfitted with an interior from an era gone by!

Upon checking out after my 2nd night, I received neither an apology from management or a reduction in my rate for the trouble I experienced. It was at the moment when I decided to make that my first and last stay at the Huntington Hotel. If you’re looking for old-world (emphasis on “old”) & rustic charm and you’re a tourist without internet needs with all the patience in the world for slow elevators, shower snafus and stuffy interiors, the Huntington is your hotel! Don’t be surprised by the prices though, they’re steep!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank matthewjscholl
HuntingtonHotelSF, Public Relations Manager at The Scarlet Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Dear matthewjscholl,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I'm extremely disappointed to hear about how dissatisfied you were with your visit. It's our sincere intention to make our guests feel as if the Huntington Hotel is their home away from home while they're in San Francisco, and we very clearly missed that mark with you. It seems as though you were placed in two of our more traditional rooms. We do have a mix of traditional and more contemporary rooms throughout the hotel. I'm pleased to say that we will be undergoing a renovation soon, and that should eliminate the variation throughout our rooms that you experienced while you were with us.

Regarding the WiFi connection issues you encountered, that should not have happened. We're currently working to address the apparent inconsistencies in the WiFi signal throughout the hotel, as we recognize that it presents a huge inconvenience for our guests. Lastly, you absolutely should have received an apology upon check-out, and I'm very sorry that you didn't. I realize that you left the hotel extremely dissatisfied, but I do hope that in the future you'll allow us the opportunity to rectify the situation and change your mind about us. I'm confident that we'll be able to do so.

Wishing you all the best in your future travels...

Kellie
Public Relations Manager

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Stayed here nearly a year ago but feel it deserved a mention.

Stayed at the fairmont during our visit to san Fran on the way to lake tahoe and did not plan to stay here on our return however fairmonts' Flagship hotel is a big let down overpriced outdated and lacking personality so we cancelled our booking and decided to book this.
I work in a luxury hotel and therefore expect a lot, I was not let down at the huntington lovey hotel with great character, lovely staff and lovely large rooms. We arrived around 8pm the bar was very busy due to a concert near by and the one and only bartender was struggling. however we were sat and served within minutes which was impressive, bar is blast from the 1930s with a piano player and great character.Will be back when if I ever get another week off.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Loved the hotel. I wasn't able to use the pool because of a busy schedule but it seemed great. I will definetly stay at this hotel on my next trip to SF. They helped me book a tour to sonoma and napa, great tour by the way. They had a mistake on my check out date but that was all.My room was amazing. The best part was the mattress and the sheets. I almost didn't want to get up. Didn't get to visit the restaurant but it seemed nice, a little dark. Good location.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

This older hotel has lots of nice character. Our room was obviously "older" but very comfortable and sparkling clean. Comfy king bed, 2 easy chairs, decent closet, frig (empty), small but nice bath, desk, no view, terry robes. We paid a very reasonable price. Evening turn down with chocolates and water plus fresh towels was a treat. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We like to walk so we didn't mind the top of the hill location, but if hill climbing isn't your thing you can grab a cab from Union Square for about $5 if the cable car is packed (as it always seems to be on the Powell line, anyway).

Room Tip: Our room on the 6th floor looking toward a building was very bright and quiet. A view would be nice, but we were looking for a bargain and walked the city for our views!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
HuntingtonHotelSF, Public Relations Manager at The Scarlet Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear jawms,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We're happy that you were pleased with your visit overall, and we certainly appreciate your comments, particularly regarding our staff being friendly and helpful. We're lucky to have a number of staff members who have been with us for a long time, and it's evident that their dedication to customer service truly comes from the heart, as we've read in many traveler reviews.

Again, thank you for staying with us, and for sharing your thoughts with fellow travelers. We hope to see you again soon!

Cheers,

Kellie
Public Relations Manager

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Our 2 night stay at this quaint establishment turned out to be a pleasant and welcoming experience. The staff were friendly and warm and its ideally located minutes away from the bustling city. the room was exceptionally spacious with a gorgeous city view ( whether it was day or night, with or without the fog). A great stay in San Francisco!