Spent the night here last week-end as part of our 10 year wedding anniversary.
The hotel is housed in an older, stately building that has a lot of beautiful original detailing. While the age of the building is old the finishes and state of the property and rooms is excellent. The rooms are huge, granted we had a suite but even then the rooms are very generous and plush. The bed and furnishings were very comfortable and we had a very nice view of the southern part of downtown and part of the bay.
The staff was very friendly and courteous.
We ordered breakfast for room service and it was good.
The location is very central on nob hill, we walked to the Tonga room at the Fairmont for a drink and later to the Top of the Mark for a drink as well.
I would say my only minor complaint is that the tub/shower has a deep tub and although I am 6ft tall climbing into it was tricky.
What else...free wi-fi was nice, a compliment of magazines to read, an ihome radio to charge my iphone were all nice. As some have said not having a coffee maker in the room is a drag but not the end of the world.
At the end of the day it was a lovely place and very special for the occasion. Spendy but I think we got our money's worth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed to spark the imagination and provide an adventure for the senses, the much beloved and newly renovated Huntington Hotel re-emerges in May 2014 from a $15 million renovation as The Scarlet Huntington. The Scarlet Huntington builds upon the property's original charm, graciousness and exceptionally high standards while introducing locals and visitors to a unique and avant-garde style that is influenced by a vibrant Singapore Peranakan heritage woven together with the opulence of San Francisco. More than just a name, The Scarlet possesses a distinguished charm and charismatic aura, likened to a gracious hostess who indulges guests with a luxurious stay experience. Providing a warm ad familiar welcome, the iconic red of the former Huntington Hotel's exterior - as displayed in the brick facade and illuminated sign high atop the hotel - will permeate the new aesthetic, representing the hotel's heritage while embracing the passion and allure defined by The Scarlet; offering uninhibited luxury to every guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Scarlet Huntington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Huntington Hotel & Nob Hill San Francisco
- The Huntington Hotel And Nob Hill Spa