Made a reservation through my AMEX via SLH program. Perfect location at the top of Nob Hill overlooking a beautiful cathedral.
I think the room has been upgraded even though I wasn't told at the front desk. It was lovely equipped with a large bathroom provided with nice L'Occitane amenities, along with a great size bedroom. The bed was a huge king size. Given how old the hotel is, its cleanliness is superior. Elevators were old and outdated; however worked just fine so no issue here. Found a small metal plate engraved with a name who's dedicated his/her service being a elevator operator. It was quite interesting to find something like that.
However, for the dollars paid to stay one night at this prestigious hotel; some things could be improved, for example:
- Prefer to eat breakfast in a brighter area. Nice atmosphere in the restaurant but was too dark for us as if we're walking into a restaurant for dinner. More lights would be helpful
- Breakfast was so so. Waitress who greeted us and prepared a seat for us was extremely nice, but the waiter who served our meal could use some smile.
- Heard valet parking in San Fran area is expensive. 46 USD a night is quite a burdern. I found a public parking place next to the hotel for 19 USD...
- Wet towel service upon arrival was nice, but honestly the towel smelled a bit. Would have appreciated some fragrance instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed to spark the imagination and provide an adventure for the senses, the much beloved and newly renovated Huntington Hotel re-emerges in May 2014 from a $15 million renovation as The Scarlet Huntington. The Scarlet Huntington builds upon the property's original charm, graciousness and exceptionally high standards while introducing locals and visitors to a unique and avant-garde style that is influenced by a vibrant Singapore Peranakan heritage woven together with the opulence of San Francisco. More than just a name, The Scarlet possesses a distinguished charm and charismatic aura, likened to a gracious hostess who indulges guests with a luxurious stay experience. Providing a warm ad familiar welcome, the iconic red of the former Huntington Hotel's exterior - as displayed in the brick facade and illuminated sign high atop the hotel - will permeate the new aesthetic, representing the hotel's heritage while embracing the passion and allure defined by The Scarlet; offering uninhibited luxury to every guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Scarlet Huntington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Huntington Hotel & Nob Hill San Francisco
- The Huntington Hotel And Nob Hill Spa