The Scarlet Huntington
US$193
US$155
MysticHotel.com
  • Restaurant
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$298
US$215
  • Room Service
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$214
US$576
US$244
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Downtown(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$251
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$322
US$280
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$252
US$209
US$310
US$266
Westin.com
  • Room Service
InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$296
US$247
InterContinental
US$443
US$362
1,493 results
All reviewsgrace cathedralnob hillbig restaurantinfinity poolspa areapiano barcable carcalifornia streetsteam roomupgraded to a suiteunion squarean upgradeclassic hotelroom servicemark hopkinshotel guestsbeautiful hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

The Huntington is a classy stylish hotel which manages to combine the right amount of old world charm without being in any way pretentious. We had fantastic service from the first moment we went there. We were upgraded to a lovely top floor suite with amazing views. The breakfast was of excellent quality but what makes the hotel exceptional are the people we met.
Angie was incredibly sweet and helpful at breakfast and our little girl loved her..Also the concierge service was brilliant.
Particularly knowledgable was Rick Porcella who practically helped us every single day with advice on various restaurants, walks and interesting things to see.
So was Chris.
All the staff were very helpful and that's what made our stay amazing
We would love to go back

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Anelie
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The Huntington is located in one of the better parts of San Francisco. The doormen greeted us with a friendly smile and engaged in conversation welcoming us to the hotel even making recommendations on some of the sites to see. The hotel has a boutique vibe like setting with cozy seating in the lobby, dark wood bar/restaurant and elevators that at one time had operators. Although I did not use the pool or spa they seemed like a great place to relax. I did however use the gym which can use an upgrade on equipment plus the room is tiny. But, if you need a workout try the hills of San Francisco, they will not disappoint you. My room was spacious with a wonderful view of the park across the street and water views. The bathroom is large, clean and updated. The bar attracts a lot of tweed, great menu items accompanied with a piano player.

Room Tip: Always ask for an upgrade when you check in... Our room faced the park and had water views.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JunieBee
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I stayed there for 2 nights and It was an average hotel, old, room smelly and small. Needs renovation badly. Location is great but thats it. Not recomended for the price. Stuff are very kind and helpful

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank franciscojpcd
HuntingtonHotelSF, Public Relations Manager at The Scarlet Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

Dear Franciscojpcd,

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We appreciate any feedback our guests can offer us. I am sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with your room, and I apologize on behalf of the hotel. We have preserved a limited number of our rooms with a traditional decor and style that isn't always congruent with our guests preferences. In the future, please let us know if you are unhappy with your room, and we'll ensure that you are moved to one that meets your expectations.

That being said, the Huntington Hotel is undergoing extensive renovations beginning first thing next year. All of our rooms will receive a renovation, as well as our lobby and other areas. All of the things you noted will certainly be addressed during that time.

I'm glad to hear that our staff was 'very kind and helpful' to you. We strive to provide first-class, exceptional service to our guests, and enjoy receiving kudos on the staff's behalf. Please come back and see us again, I'm sure that we can provide you with a different impression.

William
Public Relation Manager

Reviewed 17 October 2013

My stay at the Huntington Hotel had exceeded my expectations. I was first greeted by the doorman and had offered to assist me with my luggage. The hotel lobby was very impressive. The high ceilings and ornate moldings would remind you of a time passed. The front desk had pulled up my reservation immediately. I had Room 907 which was a renovated room. The room was simply beautiful. It had a very large flat screen tv, a work desk, comfortable chairs, smartly appointed furnishings. The bathroom was a proper size and appointed with chrome fixtures. The view was breathtaking. It had an amazing view of Grace Catheral. I would highly recommend that you consider this fine hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We loved this hotel. Our room was spacious and beautiful. The historic features of the hotel were well kept and gave an impression of stepping back in time - in a good way. The service was wonderful and the restaurant served delicious food - don't miss Summer in a Jar! The park across the street was a lovely vision each morning and all kinds of San Francisco landmarks are within walking distance. We will be back!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple