We returned almost 2 years to the day since our last visit, this time for a 5 night stay, and were delighted to see nothing had really changed. We were given a corner room on a high floor overlooking the Mark, Fairmont, PUC, Huntington Park and Grace Cathedral. The room, though not a suite, was massive by any standard. This place has an ambience which I hope the renovation will not alter. It's timeless, elegant and though the public areas are not what you'd call spacious the attention to detail and levels of service are beyond compare. We breakfasted every day at the hotel and had dinner there once. The food and the service are excellent at either end of the day. A special mention should go to Angie, who oversaw the restaurant in the mornings; she remembered us from 2 years ago and is the most polite, friendly and accommodating host you could imagine. This hotel has all the amenities you could want, is wonderfully situated away from the hustle and bustle of Union Square but is small enough to treat each guest as if he/she really matters. That's why we came back, and why we'll go back again just as soon as the opportunity avails itself. And what a thrill to be there this year during the America's Cup!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed to spark the imagination and provide an adventure for the senses, the much beloved and newly renovated Huntington Hotel re-emerges in May 2014 from a $15 million renovation as The Scarlet Huntington. The Scarlet Huntington builds upon the property's original charm, graciousness and exceptionally high standards while introducing locals and visitors to a unique and avant-garde style that is influenced by a vibrant Singapore Peranakan heritage woven together with the opulence of San Francisco. More than just a name, The Scarlet possesses a distinguished charm and charismatic aura, likened to a gracious hostess who indulges guests with a luxurious stay experience. Providing a warm ad familiar welcome, the iconic red of the former Huntington Hotel's exterior - as displayed in the brick facade and illuminated sign high atop the hotel - will permeate the new aesthetic, representing the hotel's heritage while embracing the passion and allure defined by The Scarlet; offering uninhibited luxury to every guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your The Scarlet Huntington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Huntington Hotel & Nob Hill San Francisco
- The Huntington Hotel And Nob Hill Spa