I was one of the very first customer post-renovation, I checked in on the reopening day. I had never stayed in this hotel before, so I can't compare pre to post renovation.
I can say though that my stay was, from the very beginning to the very end, amazing.
I was in a Deluxe Room on the 9th floor with an astonishing view over the city. The room was extremely beautiful, stylish, very spacious, a lot of storage space, even more than what I needed (and I had a huge suitcase!). The bathroom fully new, size above average. But the best feature of the room was the bed. I think I have never slept in such a comfortable bed before. I wish I had the same bed at home. And the sleep quality was great too. The cleaning of the room was flawless every day. The cleaning lady also passed every evening around 7pm to make sure no further service was needed.
Staff is the real shiny star of the hotel. Everybody, from the doormen to the reception desk, from the concierge to the cleaning ladies, from the room service to the restaurant, does an exceptional job providing a spectacular service, for whatever you need, always professionally, always with a smile. I can't speak highly enough of them, and I want to thank them all for making my stay so positively memorable. I hope they are reading actually!
I personally really like The Big 4 style very much, I had breakfast and dinner there a few times and always enjoyed the service and the atmosphere. The food was ok. I mean, all food is of very good quality, don't get me wrong. However from such a place I would expect a more sophisticated menu, dishes are rather basic. But I heard from a waiter that the new chef is working on a new menu.
the location is very convenient, in the heart of Nob Hill, quiet elegant area but at walking distance from everything. It was extremely convenient for me as I could walk to the office (Financial District) on foot in 15min and also enjoy the great views.
I had a manicure with Tina at the hotel spa on my last day, and she did a great job, I definitely recommend the spa services which are a nice addition to the already outstanding services of the hotel.
I believe this hotel should be a 5 star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed to spark the imagination and provide an adventure for the senses, the much beloved and newly renovated Huntington Hotel re-emerges in May 2014 from a $15 million renovation as The Scarlet Huntington. The Scarlet Huntington builds upon the property's original charm, graciousness and exceptionally high standards while introducing locals and visitors to a unique and avant-garde style that is influenced by a vibrant Singapore Peranakan heritage woven together with the opulence of San Francisco. More than just a name, The Scarlet possesses a distinguished charm and charismatic aura, likened to a gracious hostess who indulges guests with a luxurious stay experience. Providing a warm ad familiar welcome, the iconic red of the former Huntington Hotel's exterior - as displayed in the brick facade and illuminated sign high atop the hotel - will permeate the new aesthetic, representing the hotel's heritage while embracing the passion and allure defined by The Scarlet; offering uninhibited luxury to every guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Scarlet Huntington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Huntington Hotel & Nob Hill San Francisco
- The Huntington Hotel And Nob Hill Spa