While this great classic hotel needed a refresh, they just got it wrong. Why would you turn a railroad baron hotel into a swanky place.
Clearly run by Harvard MBA types, the liquor selections have been greatly rationed so as to stay with higher volume, higher margin cocktail. Wine selection by glass reduced and inferior. No orange or any flavored vodka. Piano player still there thank god. Menu revamped and classic dishes such as the brick chicken are gone. Just overthought and not receptive to what was embraced in the past. It seems like " I will tell the customer what they should want.
Spa is not redone, and needs to be. Outdoor chairs are literally thoroughly indented from bodies laying in them, and dream picture covered with soot from fireplace. Clean but it is starting to tire.
Rooms are swanky, not traditional.
I just wanted an update of a classic. It's gone forever. Maybe there is a better client base than me, but this 20 year vet will give it one last try and move on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed to spark the imagination and provide an adventure for the senses, the much beloved and newly renovated Huntington Hotel re-emerges in May 2014 from a $15 million renovation as The Scarlet Huntington. The Scarlet Huntington builds upon the property's original charm, graciousness and exceptionally high standards while introducing locals and visitors to a unique and avant-garde style that is influenced by a vibrant Singapore Peranakan heritage woven together with the opulence of San Francisco. More than just a name, The Scarlet possesses a distinguished charm and charismatic aura, likened to a gracious hostess who indulges guests with a luxurious stay experience. Providing a warm ad familiar welcome, the iconic red of the former Huntington Hotel's exterior - as displayed in the brick facade and illuminated sign high atop the hotel - will permeate the new aesthetic, representing the hotel's heritage while embracing the passion and allure defined by The Scarlet; offering uninhibited luxury to every guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Scarlet Huntington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Huntington Hotel & Nob Hill San Francisco
- The Huntington Hotel And Nob Hill Spa