Stayed for 4 nights. A couple travelling with Mom who shared a Queen bedded room. Rooms are large, clean and beautifully funky! Floor 3 and we still had a great view across the city. The hotel is in Nob Hill so expect the HILL! It's there whether you are going up or down! There are 2 cable cars to choose from - Powell or California to get where you need to go. For the most part we walked down and used a cable car to get back up.
Invest in the CityPass which gives you several attraction admissions along with Muni (transit bus) or cable car travel. Great deals on the CityPass.
The bathroom is big and the shower had great water pressure. A nice robe and slippers for lounging in the room is available. SMALL fridge and only coffee so bring your teabags if needed. I can't think of anything negative about the hotel, it was beautiful - there is the usual $15 a day charge for internet but they have a business centre on the 2nd floor to use a computer (never busy) or you can use the wifi in the spacious lobby. The door staff were awesome, super friendly with lots of tips and tricks. We didn't eat in the restaurant Bin4 as we were being thrifty and explored elsewhere. We secured a great hotel rate via Hotwire.
There was a charge placed on our room? However, they removed it very quickly when I explained we had not made any purchase.
I loved it but probably would look at getting a different hotel for a future visit, on the lower level as that is where we spent most of our days...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed to spark the imagination and provide an adventure for the senses, the much beloved and newly renovated Huntington Hotel re-emerges in May 2014 from a $15 million renovation as The Scarlet Huntington. The Scarlet Huntington builds upon the property's original charm, graciousness and exceptionally high standards while introducing locals and visitors to a unique and avant-garde style that is influenced by a vibrant Singapore Peranakan heritage woven together with the opulence of San Francisco. More than just a name, The Scarlet possesses a distinguished charm and charismatic aura, likened to a gracious hostess who indulges guests with a luxurious stay experience. Providing a warm ad familiar welcome, the iconic red of the former Huntington Hotel's exterior - as displayed in the brick facade and illuminated sign high atop the hotel - will permeate the new aesthetic, representing the hotel's heritage while embracing the passion and allure defined by The Scarlet; offering uninhibited luxury to every guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Scarlet Huntington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Huntington Hotel & Nob Hill San Francisco
- The Huntington Hotel And Nob Hill Spa