“Stunning and Glorious!”

The Scarlet Huntington
Ranked #10 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We had outstanding service from the concierge, door staff, receptionists and housekeeping staff. The decor of the hotel was beautiful. We were lucky to receive an upgrade and the suite was massive! The hotel has been redecorated recently and everything smelt new, fresh and clean. The in house restaurant was excellent and I would highly recommend it. The toiletries were luxurious and faculties top notch. The hotel is located in an excellent area, a lovely church and park opposite and the tram ride is two blocks away. This is the best hotel I have ever stayed at!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
William M, Public Relations Manager at The Scarlet Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Stephanie8397,

Thank you ever so much for your glowing review! "Stunning and Glorious" is quite an accolade, and we are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. We believe we offer the best accommodations in San Francisco, and I'm glad you agree. I see that you enjoyed our location and close proximity to Huntington Park and Grace Cathedral. Nob Hill is a lovely place to stroll about, especially in the morning, and in the evening.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. Our staff will be delighted when I share this with them. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not-too-distant future!

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We have just stayed at The Huntingdon. Great location (yes, you need to walk up a steep hill to get here). Trendy lobby, great bar and restaurant at night although it's odd having breakfast in the dark as there is no natural light. We were upgraded to a large suite which was great. Service is decent, not spectacular. The concierge was helpful. You have to pay for wifi (which I think always spoils something). Lovely swimming pool.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Gavin S,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I'm delighted to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us in San Francisco! I enjoyed reading the highlights, 'trendy lobby, great bar and restaurant at night...". It is incredibly helpful for us to experience our hotel through our guests eyes. In regards to the Wifi fee, I do apologize. I understand it can be quite an inconvenience, and we are considering removing it.

Thank you again for your review. Please come back and see us again upon our return to the States.

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

The rumors were rampant as to what would reappear when the Big Four and the hotel reopened
Candidly, it is an interesting juxtaposition between the two. I had an interesting suite which I thoroughly enjoyed after I got over the initial shock of thinking I was walking into a fancy brothel. The real issue with the suite was that it was very chopped up into 4 rooms. The service was excellent and I then sauntered down for a cocktail. Wow, the bar is the same cozy, friendly, upscale area it had always been. Nice piano music as well as an extremely knowledgeable bartender. Then on to dinner. I couldn't help but ordering the famous chicken pot pie which is now a special one night a week. It was as good as I remember. The dining room is exactly as it was... Dark green booths, room to maneuver and talk without everyone overhearing conversations. All in all, a successful trip

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jacob10,

Thank you for your thoughtful and candid review. As a long time guest, your feedback is especially important to us. When we began our renovation, we knew that the new fashion forward design may not be congruent with some of our guests preferences. Although it sounds like you were less than pleased with the new lobby, you enjoyed your suite and the Big 4 restaurant. In regards to your distaste for the lobby, I do apologize. It was designed to reflect both the historical and emerging culture in San Francisco. We chose to leave intact some of our more classic features, such as the Big 4 restaurant, and I'm delighted to hear that you found it up to par. As we move forward, we continue to uphold our commitment to 5 star service and luxury. Thank you again for your review; the Big 4 staff will be delighted to read it. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not-too-distant future.

Best,

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Enjoyed our stay at Scarlet Huntington. The bar is the place to be for pre- dinner drinks. Worthwhile spending a few leisure hours in the bar! Lovely atmosphere, with the piano music in the background. The hotel is on Nob Hill and everything else is closer to sea level. Thus lovely views of the surrounding area, but there is always a hill to climb before returning to the hotel. Friendly non- intrusive staff. Will recommend this hotel for any travel to San Fran!!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jenjitru
William M, Public Relations Manager at The Scarlet Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Jenjitru,

Thank you for your commendatory review! We're delighted to hear that someone as well traveled as yourself enjoyed your stay and would recommend us. I see that you enjoyed the Big 4 restaurant and bar for pre-dinner cocktails. Many San Franciscan residents consider it the best restaurant/lounge in town with the rich wood feature, ornate details, and the grand piano.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by the excellent location and great curb appeal of this hotel. It is in a very commanding position, the only downside being it is always a big uphill walk back home no matter where you go, you learn quickly how steep San Fran is!

Sadly the staff were not up to the standard one would expect from an SLH hotel and the check in process was confused and slow. It seemed as though because this hotel was newly renovated the staff did not really know what they were doing.

The room itself was nice, it wasn't amazing but was acceptable. It is a good option in San Fran if you can get it for a reasonable price however not where I would go for super luxury experience.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear S_MurrayNZ,

First and foremost, thank you very much for taking the time to review us and provide us with yoru feedback. We often utilize our guests experiences to improve upon ourselves and grow as a business.

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location and curb appeal. We agree and feel that Nob Hill offers our guests a quiet refuge whilst providing incredible views from every room.

In regards to the less than satisfactory service at check-out, I am terribly sorry. I understand how much of an inconvenience it can be if the check-in/out process is not swift and and efficient. We will look into this issue and address it immediately. As we recently renovated some of our staff are indeed becoming acquainted with the new computer systems etc.

Please come back and see us upon your return to San Francisco. I believe we can offer you a different, improved experience. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

We loved our stay at the Scarlet Huntington. I love the decor - quirky with classy character. We stayed in a room overlooking the park and Cathedral. The bed was like a marshmallow - SO comfortable and the bathroom was extremely spacious. The staff were awesome, particularly the doorman, Jason. He is incredible and remembered us every time we walked in and out of the doors. He asked us about our day as if he was an old friend - loved it! Great location - felt safe but still could access everything. Would be better if the Wifi was free though!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Jaymi_NZ,

Thank you for your thoughtful review. It sounds like you really enjoyed your stay with us! I love how you described the bed, 'like a marshmallow'. I agree with you, and absolutely love our beds. I recently spent a night at the hotel to better experience it from a guests point of view, and my favorite part of the trip was waking up in our divine beds and looking out over Huntington Park. In the morning, some of our neighbors practice Tai Chi in the park and it is mesmerizing to watch.

I see that you appreciated our staff, especially Jason. He truly is a one of a kind, great guy, and will enjoy reading your review. Thank you again for taking the time to write about us. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to the states!

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Quirky hotel with a lot of character...
Coming from the giant Ritz Carlton/Marriott Live in La this was much more personal... The bellman to the concierge to room service was exceptional. Perfect position on the top of Nob hill 15mins from everywhere, great value for money and perfect for a city break. Rooms are small but very well equipped and should you need anything the staff will go out of their way to find it. Highly recommend!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Emad M,

Thank you for your words of praise. I'm pleased to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay in San Francisco. We pride ourselves on the personalized service we offer, and I'm glad to hear it was to your liking. We often receive guests whom are used to bland, predictable accommodations such as the Ritz, and upon arriving are enchanted with the rich history and ornate aesthetics of the Scarlet Huntington. Thank you again for the recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not-too-distant future!

Best,