Good hotel, with reasonably spacious rooms. The bordello look to the rooms make it interesting. Reasonably priced for the area. It is located at the top of Nob hill, which is where all the other high-end hotels area. In fact, the whole area is quite posh... Very old-school and cute actually.
The rooms are reasonably sized and comfortable. In room wifi is $15 a day, but you get free wifi in the lobby. And it is reasonably fast. Staff are very friendly and helpful.
The gym is attached to the spa next door. Small gym with a couple of treadmills, bikes, cross trainer, a bench, and several dumb bells. Not big but it is sufficient for a workout. The main clientele of the hotel do not really use the gym, so it has been quiet during the couple of times I went there. The doorman is a very nice touch... friendly guys too!
My only concern is the location, which is at the top of a steep hill (Nob hill). Unless you are catching taxis or uber to get around, it is quite a hike. But good exercise if you're on holidays.
It can also get noisy if you have a low level room that is facing California street. The cable cars can be quite noisy.
Unfortunately our electronic doorbell system was malfunctioning and kept playing a clock chime melody (like you hear from large clocks) during the night. It kept us awake because it went off about 3 times during the night - very annoying! We rang the front desk when it happened but they couldn't work out why it was doing it. So, after the third time it played the annoying chime, I took it off the wall (it is on top of the door) and took the batteries out. That melody has forever traumatised me. In hindsight, I think it continuously played the melody because the battery is running out.
Otherwise, it is a good hotel and very reasonably priced. I would stay here again, but would ask for a quiet room that does not face California street. Gay-friendly hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed to spark the imagination and provide an adventure for the senses, the much beloved and newly renovated Huntington Hotel re-emerges in May 2014 from a $15 million renovation as The Scarlet Huntington. The Scarlet Huntington builds upon the property's original charm, graciousness and exceptionally high standards while introducing locals and visitors to a unique and avant-garde style that is influenced by a vibrant Singapore Peranakan heritage woven together with the opulence of San Francisco. More than just a name, The Scarlet possesses a distinguished charm and charismatic aura, likened to a gracious hostess who indulges guests with a luxurious stay experience. Providing a warm ad familiar welcome, the iconic red of the former Huntington Hotel's exterior - as displayed in the brick facade and illuminated sign high atop the hotel - will permeate the new aesthetic, representing the hotel's heritage while embracing the passion and allure defined by The Scarlet; offering uninhibited luxury to every guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Scarlet Huntington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Huntington Hotel & Nob Hill San Francisco
- The Huntington Hotel And Nob Hill Spa