We stayed at the Huntington for 4nights as part of our honeymoon. We had a beautiful room overlooking the park. The rooms were very spacious and extremely clean. We didn't eat at the hotel as it was quite expensive and we wanted to experience more of SF. The restaurant & hotel bar looked quite dark with wood panelled wall and dim lighting which isn't really our 'cup of tea' but it looked quite cosy and the other guests seemed to enjoy it.
The Nob Hill Spa is beautiful and free to use for Huntington guests. You can use the swimming pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna but treatments are additional and quite expensive. There is a balcony with sunbeds that have an amazing view over the city - we enjoyed a few hours of rest and relaxation!
The hotel is really central for Union square, Fishermans Wharf, Pier 39, Alcatraz etc. The tram runs staright outside the hotel and the hotel have a chauffer driven car which is available for guests on a first come first service basis.
We really enjoyed our stay at the Huntington and would recommend it to everyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed to spark the imagination and provide an adventure for the senses, the much beloved and newly renovated Huntington Hotel re-emerges in May 2014 from a $15 million renovation as The Scarlet Huntington. The Scarlet Huntington builds upon the property's original charm, graciousness and exceptionally high standards while introducing locals and visitors to a unique and avant-garde style that is influenced by a vibrant Singapore Peranakan heritage woven together with the opulence of San Francisco. More than just a name, The Scarlet possesses a distinguished charm and charismatic aura, likened to a gracious hostess who indulges guests with a luxurious stay experience. Providing a warm ad familiar welcome, the iconic red of the former Huntington Hotel's exterior - as displayed in the brick facade and illuminated sign high atop the hotel - will permeate the new aesthetic, representing the hotel's heritage while embracing the passion and allure defined by The Scarlet; offering uninhibited luxury to every guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Scarlet Huntington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Huntington Hotel & Nob Hill San Francisco
- The Huntington Hotel And Nob Hill Spa