This hotel is is a lovely spot opposite the cathedral and on top of the hill with fantastic views - its quite a walk back up from down town! We got quite a good price through a webagent but the hotel took my cash on booking which they should not have done. After a couple of emails via the agent they refunded it with an apology. As a result (I think) we got upgraded from a deluxe room to a suite on arrival. This was on the 10th floor so had amazing breathtaking views over the city.
Looking at the pictures on the website though I dont think it had been refurbished. It was perfectly fine and very spacious but a little old fashioned n the decor. We had a full living/dining room to relax in which was great.
The criticism I would have of the room was the bathroom, perfectly clean and functional but not of the standard you would expect in a suite. Also there was no mini-bar or coffee making facility which would have been nice.
The staff were great although the check in was functional, we were not given any information about the hotel eg. restaurant or spa availability etc.
The restaurant food was excellent although sometimes a little overcomplicated. The restaurant/bar was very old fashioned though. Think dark wood panalling and green glass lamps. We are in our early thirties and brought the average age down in there by about 40 years!
Didn't try the spa as the prices for treatments were extortionate.
Overall a very good hotel but probably would appeal more to the more mature traveller.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed to spark the imagination and provide an adventure for the senses, the much beloved and newly renovated Huntington Hotel re-emerges in May 2014 from a $15 million renovation as The Scarlet Huntington. The Scarlet Huntington builds upon the property's original charm, graciousness and exceptionally high standards while introducing locals and visitors to a unique and avant-garde style that is influenced by a vibrant Singapore Peranakan heritage woven together with the opulence of San Francisco. More than just a name, The Scarlet possesses a distinguished charm and charismatic aura, likened to a gracious hostess who indulges guests with a luxurious stay experience. Providing a warm ad familiar welcome, the iconic red of the former Huntington Hotel's exterior - as displayed in the brick facade and illuminated sign high atop the hotel - will permeate the new aesthetic, representing the hotel's heritage while embracing the passion and allure defined by The Scarlet; offering uninhibited luxury to every guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Scarlet Huntington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Huntington Hotel & Nob Hill San Francisco
- The Huntington Hotel And Nob Hill Spa