I visited the Huntington Hotel in San Francisco in September during a surprise trip that my boyfriend prepared for me (in which, by the way, he proposed!!)
We arrived late at night on Sep. 13th and were received by a very nice gentleman who had the biggest smile in town. We got a suite - a veeery large suite - with a living and dining room, bar and the BEST view to the Huntington Park, Grace Cathedral and Nob Hill town.
Hotel is very well located and has an extraordinary view of the Nob Hill town and San Francisco bay. Rooms are very large and comfortable (or at least ours was), however they look a quite old for which, in such a good quality hotel, you would expect some more modern, fancy and well-equipped rooms. In the second day, the mirror closet door suddenly broke when we tried opening it - but after reporting the damage in the front desk, it was repaired.
The spa at the hotel is excellent. My fiance and I had a relaxing massage and spent some time at the pool. Service is very good and facilities are super clean.
During our stay, we wanted to visit the vineyards and wineries along Napa and Sonoma region, so decided to rent a car and went driving up there. It happened that, during our stay, there was an Oracle congress going on in the city which had all rooms and cars occupied among all San Francisco city. It was incredible there was not a single car for rent available in the whole city - even though we tried with American Express Travel Services and all the car-rental companies in town. We were very disappointed for not having the chance to visit these places in our trip, however, the concierge at the hotel helped us and got a Toyota Corolla for us in rent in just an hour. Next day at 10 AM we had the car and the bell boy with the keys at the hotel's door waiting for us!!!.
Our stay at the hotel was very nice. We only had a bad experience with a bell boy who was being rude with guests - not opening the door and arguing with his partner in front of us. Besides that, we had a very nice stay and received an excellent service at the hotel and the restaurant (continental breakfast was included in our suite rate).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed to spark the imagination and provide an adventure for the senses, the much beloved and newly renovated Huntington Hotel re-emerges in May 2014 from a $15 million renovation as The Scarlet Huntington. The Scarlet Huntington builds upon the property's original charm, graciousness and exceptionally high standards while introducing locals and visitors to a unique and avant-garde style that is influenced by a vibrant Singapore Peranakan heritage woven together with the opulence of San Francisco. More than just a name, The Scarlet possesses a distinguished charm and charismatic aura, likened to a gracious hostess who indulges guests with a luxurious stay experience. Providing a warm ad familiar welcome, the iconic red of the former Huntington Hotel's exterior - as displayed in the brick facade and illuminated sign high atop the hotel - will permeate the new aesthetic, representing the hotel's heritage while embracing the passion and allure defined by The Scarlet; offering uninhibited luxury to every guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Scarlet Huntington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Huntington Hotel And Nob Hill Spa
- The Huntington Hotel & Nob Hill San Francisco