I stayed for five nights and enjoyed my stay.
- friendly staff
- superb location - I felt comfortable walking around at night; bustling and busy although room was facing away from the street so I wasn't affected by street noise
- free coffee and biscuits in lobby
- free wifi
- clean and comfortable
Major negative point:
- very very very noisy radiator - even though it was off we had a metallic drip sound from 5 am - aaaaagh!
On the whole I enjoyed it and would stay again if I was in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST LOCATION at the BEST PRICE...The Chancellor Hotel on Union Square is a historical, boutique hotel located in the heart of San Francisco where the Cable Car stops at the doorstep. Experience the best service and thoughtful amenities while being surrounded by world class shopping, dining and theaters. From Union Square, ride the Powell Street Cable Car over Nob Hill, past Chinatown and North Beach, to Fisherman's Wharf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Chancellor Hotel on Union Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chancellor Hotel San Francisco