“Favourite town in US - walking tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Urban Trek USA

Urban Trek USA
Ranked #5 of 284 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: GET OFF THE TOUR BUS & URBAN TREK WITH US! Urban Trek USA's - small group (maximum of 7 people)- urban trek is an EXPERIENCE better than being aboard a tour bus or shuttle. An urban trek is a sightseeing & walking tour experience where you will use the city's public transportation system and walk around and learn about the different neighborhoods, see great views around the city, and have lunch or a coffee break at the best places in the neighborhood. You will feel almost like a local San Franciscan after your urban trek. Check the customized (private) urban trek for a party of four or more.
london
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Favourite town in US - walking tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2008

Urban Trek USA is highly recommended. What you want you will see. We got a guide throughout San Francisco not only during the day but also during the evening. Helpful advice, nice time and lots to see.

2 Thank damian_b

• Chinese (Traditional) first
somewhere exotic
86 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Local Perspective”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2008

Had a great few days with Anton, he gives you a view of San Fran away from the normal bus tours. Where you can stretch your legs and feel apart of the city. The views above Fort Mason where great the insight into the Earthquakes and the cities view on the future thru Antons readings make you feel apart of the town and not just a visitor. He saves you money with advice on transport, restaurants and what to see and do according to your interests.

Highly recommended there were 3 of us and we all had fun, in the limited time we saw places we couldnt have seen alone. From diferent points of view not just expressed in a tourist guide.

2 Thank roos99
Summerville
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“I Left My Heart In San Francisco”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2008

I visited San Francisco last week and loved the walking tours of San Francisco that Urban Trek USA provided which was Trek #2. On the day of the tour it was little foggy so the Trek Leader asked the group if we wanted to kill some time so that the fog would be lifted by the time the group got to Fort Mason to make sure the group would have a better view without the fog. The Trek Leader then took the group to Civic Center Area for free which was Trek #3 to spend about 30 minutes there. By the time we got to Fort Mason, the fog had lifted enough to have a nice view of the Golden Gate Bridge and San Francisco Bay. I don't usually go on tours or package deals as I like to explore in my own but Urban Trek USA was really good and I recommend it.

2 Thank SCguy123
Tukwila
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“San Francisco, July 2008”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2008

Even though I grew up in the Bay Area and have been to San Francisco a lot, I found this Trek informative and it included a lot of facts that I had not previously known. I live in Seattle now and so it was a nice way to spend half an afternoon while visiting what I consider my home. Krunchy999

1 Thank Krunchy999
Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“My Trip to San Franciso”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2008

I was going to San Francisco the third time to visit some friends and while visiting with friends and relatives, I decided to explore San Franciso on my own. I happen to stumble into the Urban Trek USA website and decided to check on what it has to offer. The first time I visited San Francisco, I joined a tour which was expensive and time was limited. The second trip was business and I did not have much time to wonder around.

This time, I decided to go on my own and called to join the Urban Trek USA. I had a great time because you get to be part of the city. I travel a lot and one thing I enjoy is to explore the city by foot and just be part of the local people.

I had a great time as the guide was very friendly and he really knows San Franciso and its people. It was very relaxing tour as I am not rushed. Although I have to catch my breath on those uphill streets, it was worth it once you reach the top. The scenery was beautiful. This tour does not cost much and you get every satisfaction of just being part of the city life in San Francisco.

I recommend this tour if you like a relaxing, yet healthy way of exploring the city. Next time you are in San Francisco, check this tour as it is worth the experience.

2 Thank FrancisArizona