“Urban Trek is a real San Francisco Treat!”
Review of Urban Trek USA

Urban Trek USA
Ranked #5 of 286 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: GET OFF THE TOUR BUS & URBAN TREK WITH US! Urban Trek USA's - small group (maximum of 7 people)- urban trek is an EXPERIENCE better than being aboard a tour bus or shuttle. An urban trek is a sightseeing & walking tour experience where you will use the city's public transportation system and walk around and learn about the different neighborhoods, see great views around the city, and have lunch or a coffee break at the best places in the neighborhood. You will feel almost like a local San Franciscan after your urban trek. Check the customized (private) urban trek for a party of four or more.
San Francisco
“Urban Trek is a real San Francisco Treat!”
Reviewed 29 December 2008

I have lived in San Francisco for most of my life and did not realize how much I had missed until I took a recent ‘trek’ that was guided by Anton. I leaned a huge amount of information about the City and its history. Anton is simply brimming with information and conducts a very leisurely tour, with the right amount of breaks thrown in - even our coffee breaks were a learning experience. The time seemed to elapse very quickly and I was left wanting for more. I am keen on taking another trek in a different area of the City very soon.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
San Francisco
“A must see/do in SF!”
Reviewed 28 December 2008

I took the new trek, Historical San Francisco. I have lived in San Francisco for almost 3 decades, yet Urban Trek was able to tell me many stories I had never heard before.

It is definitely a better, cooler experience than you might get on a tour bus or a duckboat. And It is a very reasonably price for the quality. A three-hour tour sounded like it might be too long, but it went by in a flash.

My guide, Anton, was very gracious and considerate of his guests and it was clear that he brought a lot of passion to his work. He had obviously very thoroughly researched and planned out the tour.

I particularly appreciated the "be a real San Franciscan for a day" approach. I liked that the guide pointed out the restaurants where the Chinese eat in Chinatown and where the Italians eat in the Italian neighborhood, North Beach.

I think it's great he takes people down Stockton Street instead of Grant Avenue in Chinatown. Most tourists only get to see the latter. Stockton street is where all the residents shop while Grant Avenue is mostly cheap t-shirt and souvenirs shops.

Chicago
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Highly recommended!”
Reviewed 16 December 2008

I had never been to San Francisco before and I wanted to see as much as possible. I went on the #1 Urban Trek Tour and I would definitely recommend it. It was a very personalized tour and Anton, the trek leader, knew just about everything. We were able to ask questions, stop and take photos, and even get to know our fellow tour people. We saw amazing views of the city while learning about the history, people, and architecture. Although there is quite a bit of walking, this is the best way to see the city and truly take it all in! There was no rush on the tour; we had plenty of time to stop and eat lunch and even squeeze in dessert!

Long Beach, CA
“San Francisco Tour”
Reviewed 16 December 2008

Anton gave us a great tour of the city in only a few hours. Also brought us to a wonderful bakery in North Shore. He really knows where to go! I would recommend this walking tour to family & friends, and other newbies in SF! Great workout too!

Folsom, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very ENRICHING experience......”
Reviewed 14 December 2008

The walking tour was a GOOD thing! I’ve lived in the East Bay for quite sometime and have gone to downtown San Francisco a "gzillion times" but with this tour, I have a different perspective of the city now.

Anton, the UT leader, was very knowledgeable. His recommendations were very helpful, like the best dim sum place in China town, the Chinese bakery on Grant St. and the best place to park in China town, Portsmouth garage!

I would absolutely do this again & highly recommend it to my friends. I'd like to do the other tours too.......

2 Thank Keepintats