“The worst 'hotel' ever”

Ranked #53 of 73 San Francisco B&B and Inns
Malaga, Spain
“The worst 'hotel' ever”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

DO NOT GO THERE! I booked a room with a friend for 5 nights. Although the web site said the minimum number of nights should be 7, we were charged and received a confirmation email. The day we got there the guy that opened the door of the creepy 'hotel' said there was no booking under our names. We called the manager and after a while arguing on the phone he accepeted to let us stay. The room was the filthiest of my life, and I have been to really cheap hostels. The sheets smell as if 40 people had slept there before us, There was no toilet paper in the shared bathrooms, no towels for us, the microwave in our room did not have the plate, the light of the room was a bulb attached to a shoelace, you could hear every single noise in the room next and above ours and the walls were falling down!. We decided to leave that house of horror the following day and the manager did not mind at all. He might be used to that reaction. He told us he would call the 'main office' (which does not exist as we learnt after talking to other receptionists in the street) and that he would reimburse the rest of the nights we booked. He never gave us the money back. Please do not go to that awful place.

Room Tip: Do not go there
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
8 Thank Ivy W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Los Angeles
Reviewed 18 July 2011

This place was dirty, they didn’t even provide towels, and the room pictures must be of a different hotel because the place I stayed looked nothing like that. You would be better staying at the rescue mission around the corner.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank PuterC0nsultant

Travellers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 26 September 2010

So I thought it would be okay as it was relatively cheap and you get your own room. However a week later I found out that I had bed bug bites all over my arms! If I had the choice, I would have paid the same price to stay two blocks down at the Youth Hostel. Do not stay here!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
6 Thank Clu5000
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 June 2010

This is not a hotel at all. Most of the 'guests' are residents of one sort or another, the 'management' is only around during regular business hours.
I thought I was a hardened traveler, I've stayed in cheap hotels and hostels all over the world and this was the only one I actually couldn't sleep in. Also, the neighborhood is the worst in all of San Francisco - the infamous panhandle.
Just don't stay here. For any reason.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
9 Thank NYC_theworld
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 17 September 2009

I'm student and I travel a lot. However I decided to save 20 dollars and stay in this dump... I lived there for a month and that was worst month in my life... My body itched all the time, while I've been there because of insects
I didn't have windows in my room as well as shelves for my clothes and hangers. All furniture is dirty. However if you go to their website they say it's "newly renovated"
You hear everything what's going on in passage. Bathroom door slammed so loudly and they don't care about it! Moreover here are no shelves in the bathroom too!
YOu can get much much better hotel for the same price in the heart of the city. There are several of them. (Spaulding, for instance)
Oh!! and wi fi doesnt' work!!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
8 Thank anttraveller85
London
Reviewed 20 August 2009

The room I got was dirty - but I thought its ok for one night

That was 'till I pulled back the bedding - and saw all the stains on the sheets. Also holes in the bed from burns and a semen stain on the wall. I could just image the bed bugs waiting in that bed hole for me to go to sleep

I walked out - paid a little more for a different hotel and got a clean room with my own shower and a clean bed and didnt have to spend money disinfecting myself and my clothing. I considered contacting the heath authorities - this place should be closed down.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo