“Outstanding!”

San Francisco Architecture Walking Tour
Ranked #35 of 306 Tours in San Francisco
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Don't miss it. This is an excellent tour. I highly recommend it. It is both enjoyable and informative.
It is one of the best activities I've had on my various trips to San Francisco. I'd say go sooner rather than later, as some of the great classics of the financial district will inevitably disappear over time. See them now while you can! :D

1  Thank L A
in 4 reviews
"landmark"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 11 July 2013

The San Francisco Architecture Walking Tour with Rick Evans is an excellent and informative tour with an extremely knowledgeable and articulate guide! I had no clue how much my husband and I would enjoy and appreciate this tour. Rick was able to open our eyes so wide, and give us amazing history, stories, future plans of San Francisco and the architecture of it's unique financial district. We had a large group but Rick keeps things moving and in order, he is a real pro! I felt the tour was the perfect length and I know I learned things about the area I NEVER would have known. He provides a great handout with the places discussed, and sends an email with links for information about many of the things he mentions. His stories are so valuable and truly truly need to be shared so this amazing history is not lost. One of the best stories was in regards to a blemish on a marble floor where an elevator man pivoted for years to direct people to the proper elevator. He is working on a plaque to mark the spot so it is not redone & lost. I hope he is successful...I would sign that petition! Also noticed locals on the tour and they seemed to be just as in awe as the rest of us out of towners. Thank you Rick for sharing these incredible historical stories!

Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

Wasn't quite sure what to expect but found the two hour tour completely fascinating and absorbing. It brings alive some of the buildings that you may walk by otherwise. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Fraser121
Reviewed 11 May 2013

My good friend Linda, gave me a gift certificate to Rick Evan's Architecture Walking Tour. I work in the Financial district but who gets out, right? So I just went today on his tour of buildings in the old and new part of my 'work hood'. Just fabulous. For an out-of -towner, it's a fascinating and deep look into a five block area of SF but it will give you a valuable perspective on the rest of your exploring in the city. He has tours of other neighborhoods that I'm sure would be terrific. The group was not too large, the time span of the tour (two hours) was just right and he's fun to listen to.

1  Thank Rosh54
See more reviews
Reviewed 10 May 2013

This tour is a must for anyone interested in architecture, city planning, S F history, etc. Approx 2.5 hrs. Not a hard walk at all. Excellent tour guide Rick Evans. The highlight of the tour was the Hallidie Bldg (see my photo), the first 'glass curtain' building in the city built in 1918, and left in disrepair until 5-3-2013 when it was unveiled anew. We took the tour on 5-10-2013, so we were quite lucky to be able to see it.