“So Disappointed”

The Wax Museum at Fisherman's Wharf
More attraction details
Owner description: The Wax Museum at Fisherman's Wharf features more than 270 life-like wax personalities in 50 all new scenes, enhanced with artistic lighting, realistic props and informative narrations. Guest view all aspects of life as they wander through the Hall of Religion, Chamber of Horrors, King Tut's Tomb, Gallery of Stars and much, much more, offering something of interest and enjoyment for everyone. Open 365 days a year.
California
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“So Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Having been to Madame Tussauds, my expectations might be a bit high. We were disappointed in the fact that many of the wax figures looked nothing like the person that they were supposed to represent. We also didn't sense a theme amongst this museum. My husband and I mentioned more than once that we felt as though many of the figures were just thrown together in a section with very little rhyme or reason. You couldn't get a good picture of any of them or get close enough to take a picure with them. It just seemed a dreary set up of figures thrown here and there. We were also a tad shocked that the Chamber of Horrors chose to represent the head of the Church of Satan. I certainly wouldn't recommend the wax museum to anyone who has been to Tussauds. Perhaps if this is your first visit to one, it wouldn't be so bad, but for those who've been to other wax museums, I'd definitely skip this one.

Visited July 2013

Newport, North Carolina
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Not the best Wax Museum”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

Disappointed that many of the wax figures looked very fake. Obviously whoever created these wax figures didn't capture the true likeness of so many of the movie stars that we saw there. I wouldn't recommend this place unless you have nothing else to do and in San Francisco you can find a lot to do.

Mesa, AZ
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Some of the figures look like the real person, but not all”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

It was a very interesting tour. Some of the displays have narrative you can activate. Some of the likenesses are very good. Others not so much. I found is funny that the US Presidents had narrative of Bill Clinton, but his figure wasn't there. Instead George W Bush was there, but no narrative about him. The collection is quite varied - sports, entertainment, religion, politics, horror, etc.

Rochester
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Wax works of lookalikes”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

I have been to Madam Tussauds in London and expected the same standard at this museum as it was a large tourist area. I was very dissapointed, a small number of the wax works resembled the real people, lots of characters i did not know or care about, all wax works are behind screens or barriers.

My advice - don't waste your money. If you want something to do go to Ripleys believe it or not instead.

Leicester, United Kingdom
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Don't bother...save your money and go Madame Tussaud's instead!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

We bought a 48hr hop on hop off tour and it included these tickets. I'm glad it did or its $16 each which I wouldn't have been happy paying.

It's only a short walk around (took us 20mins to go through the whole place) and the wax models are behind ropes so you can't get close to them (unlike Madame Tussaurds where you can stand and have your photo taken with them).

I wouldn't waste your time or money...