“Muir Woods and Wine Tasting”

Incredible Adventures
Small-Group Yosemite Tour from San Francisco
Ranked #33 of 294 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Incredible Adventures is an outdoor travel company specializing in tours from San Francisco to Yosemite National Park, Muir Woods, California's Napa and Sonoma Wine Country, and whitewater rafting on the American River. We've been offering travelers a safe, eco-friendly, reliable way to connect with nature since 1993, and our professional guides are experts in the destinations we visit throughout the Western United States. We strive to provide personal, unique experiences for our small groups (16 max). We accomplish this by creating relaxed, flexible itineraries for our tours, and by going the extra mile - both literally and figuratively - to assure an authentic view of the lesser-traveled roads and sights of our beautiful California countryside. We believe strongly in maintaining the wild lands and National Parks of California (and all over the world), and know that tourism can be a strong factor in whether these magnificent areas continue to thrive for future generations to enjoy. In order to minimize the environmental impact of our business on the destinations we visit, we operate our vehicles on sustainable, petroleum-free biodiesel fuel made from local recycled cooking oil. Our fleet is made up of 13-20 passenger mini-coaches which all run on B100! From the mild to the wild, in a day or overnight, in a hotel or at a campsite, escape to the great outdoors with Incredible Adventures!
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I did the Incredible Adventures tour with Tim our driver. It was nice to be picked up and dropped off at your hotel and not worry about wine tasting during the day relax and have a great time. We went to 3 Wineries, each one with a great presentation. We had some time in Muir Woods at the beginning of the day to enjoy the quiet of the majestic trees and finishing at the Golden Gate Bridge at the end of the day. Although the fog hardly lifted all day it is still a fantastic view. I would suggest when traveling to Muir Woods whether on the tour or not, if you are just wanting a glass of water (they charge 27 cents for the glass) be sure to take a empty bottle with you. There are also no lids on any of the drinks in the Woods, if you are the kind who prefers to have their drink contained, like me. The trip was very relaxed with a small group on board, lunch is on your own in Sonoma Square or what I think I wished I had done was get something quick and do some wine tasting around the town square, our entire time was taken up with a sit down meal. It was a very enjoyable day. Pick up was 8:30am and back to our hotel by 6:30pm

There are newer reviews for Incredible Adventures

Reviewed 13 August 2014

My wife and I this trip so much that I felt compelled to write my first Trip Advisor review which, due to the wit and creativity applied to the script, will undoubtedly be read and enjoyed by tens of thousands of people *coughs*

We travelled up the West Coast of the States and into Vancouver this year as our Honeymoon, and a little jaunt to Yosemite on a three-day camping tour was one of our plans for our time in San Francisco. We booked it well in advance and there were absolutely no issues in arranging this, staff were friendly and helpful and got back to us regarding our queries quickly. Value for money was excellent – it might seem expensive when you first look at the tours but they are most definitely worth it, I assure you.

Our tour was run by the particularly excellent Tim (I shan’t include his surname to respect his anonymity, but I can tell you it rhymes with fonzy), and his leading of the tour really made, what would be a good trip regardless, absolutely awesome. We happened to visit during a particularly severe drought in California which had led to a couple of large forest fires tearing through the park and as a result Tim found himself having to think on his feet several times with regards to certain things outside of his control (eg. roads being closed as we drove towards the park from San Francisco), but he handled all that was thrown at him (and there was a lot the first day) and managed to both keep the group entertained and informed. His geological, wildlife and history knowledge of the area was excellent and delivered at a level entertaining for both the adults and kids on the group.

The outings planned by Tim on each day were all excellent (and this is keeping in mind that he had to change original plans due to the forest fires). He assessed the fitness capability of the group well and pitched the level of hiking at the right intensity for everyone. The locations were excellent, the top of Vernal Falls was a rewarding vista to reach after a fairly strenuous climb, a lot of excellent photo-ops on route though. Strolling through Mariposa Grove surrounded by towering Giant Sequoia’s was also an unforgettable experience. Glacier point offered a fairly unparalleled view of the valley itself and close to here was a trail at Taft Point which would offer what was arguably the highlight of the tour – I’m not sure if this is visited by the tour as standard, or if it was picked out by Tim (he did state it was one of his favourite spots). Compared with the other locations which were unforgettable but also quite busy given their stature, Taft Point was a more tranquil and less trodden path. The scenery was beautiful, and the gentle trail led through forests (complete with frolicking deer of course, it was very considerate of Tim to arrange for deer to be doing this… I’m pretty sure it was him that did it) to the stunning fissures at Taft Point. A pretty magical place for the unspoiled views, and an excellent opportunity (if you dare) to have a little seat at the edge of a cliff towering above the valley floor. This would have been excellent enough on it’s own, but pair that with the fact we conveniently happened across a group of slack-liners, it became really special. Hundreds of feet up, these guys were just doing the usual – y’know, taking a little stroll across a bendy rope tied over a deep fissure. It was breathtaking.

The bus itself was very comfortable (and eco-friendly) and the journey which was pretty lengthy passed quickly thanks to the scenery on route itself, Tim’s explanations of the areas history and a couple of stop offs (one at an excellent little fruit stall – plenty of tasty snacks, try the dried chilli mango!).

The campsite we stayed at was good, with good facilities – access to a good-sized shop, indoor and outdoor pools, a good bar with nice bar-style food and a private beach on the riverside (ideal for an early morning swim… if you don’t mind the water being a little… um… crisp). The tents and base mats were comfortable and the sleeping bags which were provided for a fee were also suitable for the Yosemite evenings.

The food provided was also excellent, a good range of breakfast and lunch options and the meal prepped by Tim at the campsite was both tasty and healthy… the Smores were less healthy but equally enjoyable (and something I’d always wanted to try).

Evening’s at the campsite were pretty fun, sat around the campfire chatting or playing cards and enjoying a beer or soft drink – quite an excellent way to finish up a day of hiking around beautiful scenery.

Overall, the trip was arguably the highlight of our entire Honeymoon – thanks to Tim’s leading of the tour but obviously also down to the beauty of Yosemite itself. If you haven’t been, go. If you’ve been before, go again… but this time with Incredible Adventures… Go! Like right now. This instant. I mean it… why haven’t you left yet? What do you mean you’re reading to the end of the review? …I’m surprised you’ve persisted actually, you deserve kudos for that, I’ve rambled a lot.

Team Tim baby!
Cheers
Ryan

1  Thank RMcColgan80
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My wife and I used Incredible Adventures while staying in SF for a one day trip to the Yosemite National Park. Having not been to this area of the US before we were keen to sample as much of what the area had to offer as possible so we could spend more time in the bits we liked on future visits. The day trip to Yosemite is a long one - 15 hours round trip - but its worth it. The scenery is stunning. Our driver and guide for the day was Calder who was just a top guy. Easy going, friendly, patient and knowledgeable - he really made the day. Incredible Adventures were very helpful in the booking process and provided valuable local knowledge for pick up points and taxi companies to get to the pick up point. My only suggestion to improve would be a better PA system on the bus. Calder had a lot of knowledge but it wasn't always possible to hear what he was saying because of the low power PA he had been given to use. Other than that - a great day.

1  Thank Paul H
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I booked a tour with Incredible but for this tour, they are a reseller of Tower Tours, so it was done with Tower Tours. At first, I was surprised but we were satisfied with the service provided by Tower Tours. The guide/driver was very interesting and knowledged but children on the bus were very noisy and it was difficult to hear him. Muir Woods worths the visit but it was too short.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

July 21 & 22, 2014—A PERFECT DAY, sunny, clear, blue skies with the PERFECT WEATHER in the 80s. What more can five tourists from the city ask for? A PERFECT TOUR GUIDE!!! With a small group of seven tourists, Mark Roberts from Incredible Adventure was like our personal guide. Definitely knowledgable, informative, humorous, he entertained us on the get-go once on board the van. His enthusiasm, respect and love for Yosemite and its inhabitants were contagious. Like all who had come to see one of God’s many glorious creations, Yosemite left us speechless, and wanting for more. Breathtaking magnificence was everywhere and you couldn’t help but feel one with mother earth, and yet soar high like that of the eagle.

Earlier, I stayed behind on the short climb on Sentinel Dome but a gracious fellow tourist came to get me and led the way for a spectacular view. Then there was this hike on The Mist Trail to the Vernal Fall the next day. In my mind I had already settled on returning to the village after the crossover on the Footbridge, back to explore the shops, galleries, etc on flatter ground, and wait for the others’ return to expound on their experience. Mark encouraged me to take the hike, knowing full well that there would be regrets afterwards if I missed this once-in-a-lifetime chance. Remembering the Sentinel Dome climb, I did so under one condition... Without any hesitation, Mark offered his arm as anchor throughout the entire hike up and down. He was gracious and entertaining throughout.

My siblings and fellow travelers were great cheerleaders but I owe this wonderful experience to Mark. His patience, kindness and genuine care for others are a blessing. Most definitely, it was an INCREDIBLE ADVENTURE.

Just in case you’re wondering, the van arrived on schedule, and we made excellent time going and returning, even with the bathroom and snack breaks. Mark's time schedule for everything was perfect. The hike started early in the morning, with ample time for lunch, short films on Yosemite and shop-browsing afterwards. We avoided the crowds, and Mark even gave us an extra half hour to shop before heading back on the scenic route 120. Surprisingly, we got back into the city on schedule.

Thank you, Mark, you made our Yosemite trip a truly enjoyable and memorable one. You are the best!

The Five Lees