“Amazing Atmosphere! Great Place to Relax with a Nice Glass of Wine!”
Review of Press Club

Press Club
Ranked #246 of 542 things to do in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Press Club, a wine bar and lounge, offers California’s finest wines and beers in a sophisticated, social atmosphere. Press Club's menu of seasonal small plates and thoughtful pairings offers the ultimate wine experience in one of San Francisco's most notable destinations. Visitors can socialize, taste wine and share small plates in the luxurious wine tasting cellar at the foot of the Four Seasons Hotel.This San Francisco wine bar, located two blocks from both Union Square and the Moscone Convention Center, is the most authentic wine tasting venue in San Francisco. Each month an artisan vintner is featured at Press Club. Visitors can try wines directly from the winemaker on select evenings, which are posted on the events calendar on our website.Press Club's award-winning architecture makes it a perfect place for wine tasting receptions, corporate events, private parties, wedding receptions and more. See the Events section of our website for more info, or to submit an event inquiry.
Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Atmosphere! Great Place to Relax with a Nice Glass of Wine!”
Reviewed 28 January 2009

My wife and I were in San Francisco for a short trip. We wanted to try to take in all the sights in three days. The list was three pages long, so we decided to ‘optimize’ the experience. We found out about the Press Club from a friend. They said you could take in the complete Napa Experience all in one place. No Way! We’ll I’m here to tell you, it’s possible. Yes way! The place was amazing! We only allocated 3 hours for wine tasting, however because of the atmosphere, we ended up staying almost 6! Oh and as a bonus, it was very close to our hotel in Union Square. The staff was informative and helpful. I don’t think we’ve ever purchased more wine, in one place, in our life. If your time is valuable, like ours, the Press Club is a no-brainer.

1 Thank ThadiusStepford

Jdemerath
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Cool Experience, especially if you like wine”
Reviewed 3 November 2008

From jump street this place impressed me. I love the wine country, I love tasting wine, and I love the vibe that surrounds it. I was in San Fran for a weekend trip recently, but I didn't have the time to make it out of town to go get my wine on.

A business associate in SF told me to go check out Press Club. Its a collection of tasting rooms from California wineries (complete with food) that was about two minutes from my hotel in the heart of Union Square.

One of the things I like about the wine country is the air of class without being stuffy or pretentious. This place captures thie vibe well. Their space is huge and it has a great feel to it. You walk in the front, get a little account card, and are directed towards the tasting rooms. As you decide what you like and don't like, they swipe your card as payment. If you want a bottle of something to add to your collection, you just say so and they have your purchase waiting for you nicely packed at the front door, or you can hang out there and enjoy it.

They have about 8 or so wineries with tasting rooms set up in a central spot. I tried 3 of them and was happy to get a great tasting experence complete with a very knowledgable pourers that was with the label she was serving. Its cool to get a little info about the fabric of the wine as you taste it.

This is a super cool concept, and is well worth a visit.

1 Thank Jdemerath
pointypedro
“Like good wine, you'll LOVE this place”
Reviewed 20 October 2008

visited press club for a business meeting on my last trip to SF. really cool concept. it's definitely not your typical vino bar, which is a welcome change imo. basically, it's like napa or sonoma in your backyard. winery representatives actually pour you tastings as they answer your questions about the wine. chateau montelena (sp?) was one of my favs. the setting is edgy, yet sophisticated. the contemporary sofas, chairs and tables made a perfect place for a biz meeting, but i'd also definitely bring a date there or a meet up with group of friends. oh ya, there was a private party in a back room which i assume you can rent out. i poked my head in (ok ok, i admit I tasted an appy...my bad :(, perfect place for a closing dinner, work party, or b-day dinner.