“Good value, great location.”
Review of Coventry Motor Inn

Coventry Motor Inn
Ranked #32 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 19 August 2010

I stayed at Coventry for two extended weekends - two weeks apart - in July 2010. I enjoyed both visits very much. The decor of the rooms were a bit dated but they were clean and all plumbing and appliances worked properly. No complaints. I felt that Coventry Motor Inn was a good value and would stay there again the next time I visit San Francisco.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Coventry Motor Inn

Reviewed 15 August 2010

perfect location for sightseeing around the city. the free parking and internet are wonderful in a city like san francisco. The hotel was clean and the front desk staff so friendly, we always felt welcomed. If you are looking for a fancy 5 star hotel, this one is not for you, but if you are looking for a clean, friendly hotel in the heart of town, this is it. Would definintely stay there again if ever in SF again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2010

It was nice to see all the reviews on the Coventry were correct. Great deal for the price. Big plus was ample free parking. While the hotel is older and does have a retro 70s feel The rooms was very nice for the price and the location was great. While Lombard is a very busy street the room was away from Lombard with no noise and a nice third floor view of the city. While it is a bit of a hike to Union square it is a easy jaunt to Fisherman's Wharf. The front desk was very nice at check in and check out and the housekeepers said hello in the halls in the halls and the room was really spotless when we came back. Stayed here for two nights and another hotel, the Mosser in SOMA for two nights when we went to see Wicked. P.S. Amazing play. See if before it leaves in Sept. if you can!. While the second place was solid this was better overall and I plan to return. I think I have found my place to stay when I make a trip to the city by the bay!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Crest75
Reviewed 19 July 2010

I lived in San Francisco for 4 years and know the Marina District well: I used to take my car to a garage on Lombard St. for tire work and knew that if I ever left San Fran and wanted to visit, I'd stay along here. But the question was: which motel on Lombard St.? There are several along here (along with a few boutique hotels).

I researched all the motels on Lombard and this one had the best overall reviews with no "poor" or "terrible" ratings. And as everyone else has noted in their reviews, the parking is free here -- I can't overstate how important this is: other hotels in SF charge up to $60/night just to park your vehicle! Otherwise, I don't have much to add to my review from what others have said about the great location (walking distance to Presido, Palace of Fine Arts, Pier 39, Ghiardelli Square etc.) and proximity to Union and Chestnut Streets for eating out and shopping. There's no room service here, but the staff has a collection of takeout menus from nearby restaurants that will deliver to the motel.

One overall note: I would recommend that the management consider cleaning or installing new carpet though - both in the rooms and the hallways -- it's showing its age.

Also, the hanging light near the bay window in the room is impossibly low to the ground for someone who is 6 feet tall -- consider replacing those with fixtures that attach right on the ceiling instead so tall people don't hit their heads on these things!

We enjoyed our five night stay here and would definitely come back next time we travel to the City by the Bay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2010

We stayed here for 4 nights and had chosen this hotel due to it's reasonable price and free parking. So glad that we did as everything about this hotel was great for us.
The staff were cheerful, friendly and very helpful including Londyn on reception and all the maids. Our room (209) was huge, nicely decorated, well maintained and very clean. The beds and pillows were extremely comfortable.
There were plenty of good restaurants, takeaways and shops nearby on Chestnut and Union Streets and a handy corner shop just across the road for buying provisions. It is within walking distance to Fisherman's wharf but we mostly used the muni as we had our 3 year old daughter with us. The bus stop to get to the city centre is only a 1-2min walk away and the buses are really frequent so it was a great way to get about.
We loved San Francisco and hopefully will be back to visit soon! We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2010

Enjoyed our stay at Coventry Inn in San Francisco. Free Parking, large clean room, reasonable prices. Walking distance to eating establishments. It is noisy on the Lombard Street side due to Traffic, but did not interupt our sleep and I would stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2010

Before reserving our room I checked reviews on trip advisor. Everyone was absolutely right about the experience. We had a great room. Very large with plenty of space for all of us. Everything was very clean. The furnishings are a bit dated, but not tacky. The sheets were fairly new and very crisp. The towels were thick and when we asked housekeeping for an additional as we had 5 of us, they happily obliged. In fact, they have the friendlist houskeeping staff I have ever encountered at a hotel. I've never had one of my children write a personal note of thanks to one before, but they did with this visit.
The office staff were equally friendly and very helpful with every request. We had never stayed at this hotel before, but we've decided our future visits to San Francisco will assuredly be planned with this hotel on our list. We recieved the type of service anyone would expect, and then they went above and beyond. Just before our trip we cancelled reservations at neighboring hotels with bad reviews. We encountered guests at those hotels as we walked the street. Just the looks on their faces meant I made the right decision!
Thanks to all the staff at the Coventry Motor Inn, you all worked so hard for our comfort. It didn't go unnoticed. We have referred several friends since our vist May 17-19.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
coventryinn, Manager at Coventry Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2010

Thank you very much for taking them time to submit this great review about our property and staff. We do strive very hard to ensure that our guests are receiving value for their hard earned dollar. I will pass this to our house keeping staff and to our owners.

Once again thank you very much as this recognition goes a long way in lifting morale with our employees especially our housekeeping staff who are one of most valuable members of our team

Respectfully