“Fairly Decent for a Motor Inn”
Review of Chelsea Motor Inn

Chelsea Motor Inn
Ranked #82 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Found this motor in from AAA's travel book. Even though its on the AAA book but it did not really offer the AAA discount. However, the price aint that $$$. The manager actually offered me a good discount while I booked two nites there. I went at the beginning of Sept which America cup (I guess) was held there so most hotels are $$$ according to the manager. Its not hard to find this motel. I had two doubles. ITs enough for my family. The room equips fair AC system, coffee pot, hair dryer, and towels. Internet is included. And Parking is included!! Its located on Lombard st and Fillmore. I went during the week days so it aint that noisy. Its near the bus stops to go JP town n Golden Gate park n bridge or Union Square. The only thing my fam would suggest is they need to work on their carpet and bathroom floor. Over all, we were happy w/ this motor inn.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Liaochunchun

Reviewed 28 September 2013

After a long flight due to delays we arrived at the Chelsea at midnight, there were people everywhere. Leaving or going from various bars, yelling and shouting to each other. This finally stopped at 3.30 (or I finally fell asleep) The following morning I asked for another room only to be to.d that I was in one of the quietest rooms of the hotel. The following night (Saturday) I took a sleeping pill however I believe the noise was not as bad. By Sunday night it was reasonably quiet, the traffic noise is always there. My opinion is stay here from Sunday to Thursday avoid the weekends when the noise is endless. As others have said the locations good a nice walk to the water and lots of nice restaurants all within walking distance. Some of the staff were less helpful, asking for information was often a chore. Our room was clean and the beds were good.

Room Tip: We were in room 210
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kay C
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Having made reservations during the Americas Cup finals, we were pleased with the location. However, our room rate was $225 plus taxes....shabby, old, unlike other reviews, no safe or refreshments. The hallways were dirty, with stained carpets. I now believe we may have been put in an older section of the motel. Had the area hotels not been booked because of the races, I would have chosen to look for another place to stay. I would suggest inspecting your room before you commit to staying.

Room Tip: We did have a room...107...off of Lombard. Still noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank misslily0
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Stayed at the Chelsea Motor Inn on Lombard St, with wife and son for 5 nights. Room was good, with TV and coffee making facilities. The only down side for me was hating the taste of coffee, the only way of making a cup of tea was through the coffee machine, which i could not drink. The majority of other hotels/motels we stayed at had a microwave to boil water. Don't let that deter you, its a good place to stay, and very near to some good restaurants and shops. Our favorite was Mel's Diner. We did not rent a car In San Fransisco (there is ample parking at this inn), we used public transport, getting a 7 day pass for the bus/f line/trams, which worked out cheaper.

Room Tip: We were on the 1st floor, and views from the windows were obscured by trees, 2nd floor may have bett...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Doug B
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Had a great stay at the Chelsea motor inn. Good proximity to water front and easy to get around the main attractions of Sam Francisco. Rooms clean and nice decor. Rooms have a safe and come with refreshments in room and free wifi. Would recommend this hotel to friends and family. Car parking a good addition too and the area is really nice with good bars and eateries.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Three of us stayed here for a week and it was a good choice which I made by reading trip advisor reviews . The free parking for our rental car and free wifi were also factors in choosing it. The first night our room faced onto Lombard St and was very noisy so I requested a change and our next one Room 304 was much quieter.
The office staff were reasonably helpful when asked local questions. The room was large, clean and bathroom OK. The wifi was hit and miss which was annoying.
Location was great, buses left from either outside or one block down on Chesnut St.
A bit dated but good value for money .

Room Tip: Do not get a room that fronts onto Lombard st unless noise does not bother you. Wiould not want a r...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stayed at Chelsea Motor Inn for three nights and was very satisfied with the accommodations. It is located on busy Lombard Street so it might help to bring earplugs if you aren't used to the noise. I had lived in San Francisco years ago, so wasn't surprised with the amount of noise. The furnishings and decor are a little dated, but that gives it its charm. The parking is free and very convenient. There are many places within walking distance to eat. The beds were very comfortable and firmer than beds I have used in newer hotels. The housekeeping staff is courteous and everything is very clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family