“Great Value and great quality!”
Review of Chelsea Motor Inn

Chelsea Motor Inn
Ranked #76 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Highly recommend! Very good place. A Diner called Mel's Drive In is open until late and very close to the hotel. Other then that, great restaurants near by!
Rooms are big and bed is very comfortable. Service is excellent! Every employee will make the best to assist you in whatever you need. My room was very silent.

Free Parking.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Chelsea Motor Inn

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Price is ok but room is old- all wood furniture in need of new varnish, walls are completely bare of picutres, beds are comfortable, no flat screen tvs or hbo, no microwaves, $5 extra a day for refrigerator that is pint size with no freezer. Was on list of motels to get picked up at for tour companies and bus service is right here. Home Plate restaurant is 1 block away for great breakfasts.

Room Tip: We were senior travelers
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We enjoyed a great stay here at the Chelsea Motor Inn, its on Lombard Street, great location for commuting into the heart of San Francisco, as its in a nice district.
15/20 min walk from Frishermans Wharf, 5 min drive.
Rooms were clean tidy and big.
Free Parking, Free WIFI, sadly no breakfast facilities and none particularly near by.

Room Tip: Rear rooms are a must, front are noisy.
Reviewed 21 April 2014

When booking our stay we found the price to be great compared to other hotels in the area. They do charge a $50 booking fee which offsets the free parking. Why not just put that as your rate? We are not very picky and we know what to expect in SF. The room was clean and a little noisy as we were on the Lombard side. I can sleep just about anywhere so the noise did not bother me. Several nightclubs are around so late at night you can hear people around. The parking is great and plentiful. We felt it was safe to park our vehicle here. Overall the hotel is great for a weekend stay. We decided to pay cash upon leaving and the front desk clerk became irritated and was a jerk. So do not expect friendly service if you do anything out of the norm.

Room Tip: Noisy on Lombard side.
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Lets face it,San Francisco is an expensive city.My girlfriend found this place and we were really surprised by the price.Yes,some things in the hotel are older but for the price and location you can't beat it. Its walking distance to some awesome restaurants and bars. Theres also a Bus stop thats close by. Secret tip-If your on the 2nd floor and your changing your clothes make sure you keep the curtains closed when the double decker buses drive by! :)

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The Chelsea Motor Inn is a very good hotel for the money. It is about half the cost of the Holiday Inn. Simple MUNI transportation from here to Fisherman's Wharf. The bed was very comfortable and we were not on the Lombard St side so it wasn't very noisy. Parking is FREE also.

Room Tip: Rooms away from Lombard St should be quieter.
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The room was not ready when we arrived and we were told the maids were on break so we had to wait until exactly 3:00. On my first day an older man who works at the hotel just let himself into my locked room because the floor smelled like someone had been smoking. I felt this was very inappropriate and luckily I had the latch on the door or this man would have been in my room with me. The following day I was called by the hotel desk saying that although I had the Do Not Disturb sign in that it was mandatory for a "maid" to come clean. I said that I did not need service and didn't want anyone in my room while I was out. They said the best they could do is allow me to watch while my room was cleaned. I was only staying 4 nights and felt like checking out right at that moment. Horrible customer service and a huge violation of privacy.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Reptar518
manager0101, General Manager at Chelsea Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Reptar 518,

Thank you for your comments on your last stay.

I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced from the moment you checked at our property.

Our check in time is from 3:00 pm for all guests. However, if a room is ready there is a possibility to checking in early.

When you leave the "Do not disturb sign", we respect our guest request and the Housekeeper will leave a note under the door reminding our guest that the room needs to be cleaned the following day to make sure all our rooms stay clean during our guest stay. All our staff work hard to make sure our rooms stay clean all the time. Every guest staying 4 nights needs to have at least the room cleaned every other day to maintain a clean environment.

Once again we apologize that you could not enjoy your stay with us due to having your room cleaned by our housekeepers.