My friend and I stayed here for five nights in April -- it was perfect for us. Roomy -- comfy beds -- great people at the front desk all the time -- hop on/hop off bus stop right on the corner -- walking distance to the food market and great restaurants -- just wish we'd stayed longer! We rented a car only one day and were happy with the parking situation at the hotel.
I liked the decor of the halls and rooms -- no crummy hotel "art" -- just softly colored walls, well-chosen lamps and nice furniture and drapes that gave a vintage feel to the place. The carpet was softer than the usual hotel carpet. We rented a fridge for the extra $5/day so had breakfast in the hotel and took some of the lunches with us.
Only down side was that though I'd made the reservations in February for April, we weren't allowed to request a room location until we arrived -- which was a late arrival due to a thunderstorm holding up incoming flights. So we got a double room almost on the corner of two very busy streets. It could be pretty noisy, but I guess we were so tired from a fun visit that the noise didn't keep us awake.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Marina District, between Fillmore and Lombard. Centrally located in a bustling and crowded neighborhood with restaurants, bars, shops and public transportation within walking distance. One mile away from Fisherman's Wharf or 25 min. walking distance.One block away is the Bus 30: takes you to Fisherman's Wharf, North Beach, China Town and Union Square. It is safe to walk and bike everywhere in the neighborhood. A few blocks away you will find a Bike Rental shop for $20.00 a day. It is just a few miles away from the Golden Gate Bridge and beaches. Weekends offer a lot of activity and a higher level of noise in the streets with young crowds around the hotel. We offer complimentary parking for one car per room. In the event all the parking spaces are taken, guest needs to be double park and leave their car keys at the Front Desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Chelsea Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chelsea Motor Hotel San Francisco
- Chelsea Motel San Francisco