We just climbed out of Yosemite valley and wanted a few days in the city and picked this Inn based on TA reviews. We were happy with our room. It was clean, and pretty spacious with a view of the G. Gate Bridge. We asked for a room off Lombard street, and that too was a little noisy but I am sure much better than being off Lombard St. The bath was large, but the shower head was short. The beds and pillows were OK. The nicest thing about this Inn was the location. It was a 10 min walk to the Marina where you could sit by the bay and relax. The area was trendy with little restaurants/pubs and shopping. It felt safe too. The walk to Fisherman's wharf by the water took us about 45 minutes. On the way the kids stopped at the beach area and played in the sand. We ate at Mel's Diner a block away (ok for breakfast, better for lunch) but the real treat was dinner at Pacific Catch 1 block away on Chestnut St. Back to the room, the lights were dim, but plenty of comfortable seating which was nice in the room. It was also a quiet place. We heard very little outside the room except for the street noise which seemed to die down around midnight. The front desk staff were helpful, and friendly. Overall a nice place to stay at a great price, especially with the free parking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Marina District, between Fillmore and Lombard. Centrally located in a bustling and crowded neighborhood with restaurants, bars, shops and public transportation within walking distance. One mile away from Fisherman's Wharf or 25 min. walking distance.One block away is the Bus 30: takes you to Fisherman's Wharf, North Beach, China Town and Union Square. It is safe to walk and bike everywhere in the neighborhood. A few blocks away you will find a Bike Rental shop for $20.00 a day. It is just a few miles away from the Golden Gate Bridge and beaches. Weekends offer a lot of activity and a higher level of noise in the streets with young crowds around the hotel. We offer complimentary parking for one car per room. In the event all the parking spaces are taken, guest needs to be double park and leave their car keys at the Front Desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Chelsea Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chelsea Motor Hotel San Francisco
- Chelsea Motel San Francisco