A wonderful location within walking distance of Union square and Market street. Once a questionable location the area has cleaned up nicely as too the hotel. We were very pleasantly surprised. The hotel was very well made up clean safe with valet and security guard. Although the décor wasn't our style it did fit the city and the people who live there and on this weekend of gay pride parade was very cool indeed. The room was very clean, well appointed, everything worked as advertised. With a ceiling fan and the windows it was very comfortable in summer, 65* high with a 55* low at night it was warm enough and cool enough. no a/c needed but did have a great heater if you must. We like a soft bed so we were a little disappointed with the new very firm beds. No worries we slept fine even with some late night noise from those night goers and early morning kids running. If your a light sleeper this may not be for you. We had no problem even on a weekend like this. We were upgraded to a two room suite which was excellent. Now it can be pricey and you must pay for parking but it is in a garage, valet parking or self parking. Restaurant on site is ok, pool is heated on second deck out side and the is area ok. The staff is a mix bag some seem very friendly and helpful some not so much. Of the 3 valets we dealt with 1 was very good, 1 was helpful, and 1 was just ok. If you can get a deal its worth it. We liked it and will stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western PLUS Americania Hotel is a 143-room boutique hotel with a fun and amusing design of understaed references to classic American pasttimes. With guest rooms, meeting space and the Custom Burger and Lounge located on site, the hotel provides a San Francisco hotel experience well suited for vacationers, families, and business travelers alike and is the ideal setting for small business meetings and social functions.Located in the vibrant South of Market (SoMA) district, the convenient location provides quick access to many of San Francisco's top attractions including Civic Center Plaza, Moscone Convention Center, Union Square, Westfield Shopping Centre and Cable Cars that will take you to Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp and Odigeo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Americania reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Americania Hotel San Francisco
- Best Western Hotel Americania
- Best Western San Francisco
- San Francisco Best Western