“Nice Hotel with odd Design”
Review of Nob Hill Hotel

Nob Hill Hotel
Ranked #150 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
Berlin, Germany
“Nice Hotel with odd Design”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I spend two night at the Nob Hill Hotel, like i saw before in the photos the design of the rooms is very odd. The Hotel is old but in good shape, everything was very clean, old but clean. The room seemed a bid small, but who cares is just for sleeping if your in San Francisco. The service was at the reception was very nice, and its occupied 24 hours, the Lady gave me a San Francisco Map and gave me a short brief about the different parts of the city. In the room you find as well a SF Guidebook, a Microwave and a small Fridge (that I unplugged because it was noisy at night).
the Location is great, there is a Trader Joes in 2min distance and your in 5min at the Cable Car.
Don't let the people from the Hotel park your car!!! They charge $35 per day!!! Right next to the Hotel is a Hospital where you can Valet Park for only $20 p.D.

I have to say I was all in all surprised with the Hotel in this price range in San Francisco and I would stay again there!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

I spent four nights at the Nob Hill Hotel, mid-May before going to a conference and staying in the Financial district. I booked online at the last minute and got a very good deal.
The hotel has a lot of character, is well maintained, it is clean and is a convenient location, close to union square, cable cars and main attractions. I walk to pretty much everywhere from the hotel. It's worth noting that I am female and walked to the hotel at night and felt safe despite small pockets of homeless people in the area.
Staff are very nice and helpful (a lady in particular who works in the first part of the evening and on weekends helped me a lot including to organise a driver to San Jose) - unfortunately I cannot remember her name!).
The breakfast is more than adequate with cereals, fruit, toast and pastries. I also tried the Italian restaurant at night and the food was beautiful and reasonably priced.
The only issue I encountered was that when I arrived, one of my neighbours was smoking (despite being forbidden) and cigarette smell was coming through the vent! I was immediately moved of room - no problem. Also, while the location is quiet, have some earplugs in case your neighbours come back in the middle of the night and are loud. But that would be an issue at most hotels... If you have issue with the wifi, just go to the lobby, it works perfectly fine there (including for Skype conversations).
Overall I would highly recommend the Nob Hill Hotel. I had a great stay!

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Was put up here many years ago by Brobeck, Phleger, now defunct law firm, during call back interview in law school Still cherish the memory of how very very comfortable the bed and room were. Left here to spend several nights in the Marina with my BFF. The interview was only middling. The trip was fantastic!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Very affordable quirky but nice hotel. The staff was very helpful but the breakfast was just cereal, toast, vanilla bun and coffee. The rooms did smell kind of "old" because of the furniture and it didn't feel super clean everywhere. Though, the bed, towels and toilet was clean.

• Stayed May 2014
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 28 May 2014

After trawling through sites looking for a decent hotel my husband and I finally booked The nob hill hotel over the phone after chatting to Lorenzo in reception who offered us a double room at a good price. San Francisco was practically booked out owing to big conferences being held that week. When we arrived Lorenzo happened to be on the desk. I told him I'd read reviews saying the double rooms were tiny. He agreed that some were but if we were willing to wait some time he could upgrade us to a bigger one and in the meantime to help ourselves to the complimentary wine and cheese. (THIS IS AVAILABLE EVERY EVENING FROM 5PM TO 7.30PM). We were delighted and passed the time sipping our wine and chatting to other guests in the lovely comfortable lobby. We immediately felt at home. What a wonderful start to our trip. Our 5th floor room was very quaint. Lovely. Wrought iron bed. very comfortable. especially the pillows, with spotless linen. A bay window looking onto the street. tiffany lamp on bedside table. Huge old pictures and mirror on the walls. Really old fashioned wooden wardrobe. A microwave. Tea and coffee. A mini fridge. Very small bathroom with a big shower unit. A modern plasma tv on the wall....... We loved every bit of it! What a change from the usual customised hotel rooms all over the world. We panicked when we discovered there was no air con. We needn't have worried. San Fran is cool at night all year round. We dined in the adjoining Italian restaurant on two nights. Food was very good. We were looked after by Ray and serenaded by J.R. on one of the nights playing keyboard and singing all the old classics. Fabulous atmosphere. Breakfast was also served here every morning. The staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. Especially Lorenzo and "Shaun" a lovely lady receptionist, who were a mine of information. Two blocks up you catch cable car to Chinatown and the port. A ten minute walk down brings you to Union Sq and all the shopping. I recommend the 3 day pass for $23. allows you hop on and off any public transport in the city. (It's $6 each for a single ride on the cablecars). You can buy in a supermarket across street from hotel or any Wallgreens. Oh! I must mention the lift.... like stepping into an old movie. Just wonderful...... as was everything about our stay in The Nob Hill Hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GERORP
Modesto, California
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Found this great boutique hotel in March 2014. Street Parking was a breeze. The updated bathroom and TV a big plus. Staff is very accommodating. We checked in @ 6:00pm on Thursday into a extremely small room for the two of us. One call to the front desk and we were pleasantly up graded to a double-double room. Thank to Asunion!
Centrally located for our needs. We love it.

• Stayed May 2014
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for just one night before flying back home. They have small rooms but they're clean enough. Wifi access in the rooms and shuttle to airport for $15 per person. Friendly staff, showed us on the map where to go and what area's to avoid (mostly tenderloin area).

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple