Lombard Motor Inn
US$221
US$185
MysticHotel.com
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn by the Bay(San Francisco)
US$217
  • Breakfast included
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$240
US$235
  • Restaurant
InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$227
US$222
  • Room Service
Hotel Rex San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$218
US$212
  • Restaurant
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$495
US$476
Marriott Hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
InterContinental San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$405
US$345
InterContinental
  • Pool
US$444
US$398
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$318
US$278
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree parkingthe golden gate bridgefisherman's wharfmemory foamwithin walking distancecrooked streetroom was cleanvan nesscrookedest streetfort masonthird floorbusy roadghirardelli squarebasic hotelminute walkflat screen tvpublic transportation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Is this a 5 star resort hotel? No. However, it was clean and affordable given how close it was to area attractions. Very easy walk to Fisherman's Wharf and Ghiradelli Square. It is off of a busy street so there is traffic noise, but if you have ever been to NYC, it doesn't even compare. It was from traffic in general and not continuous honking. If you are sensitive to noise then take some earplugs. I would definitely consider staying here again. No insects, mold, or any other complaints. Suggest better vending machines instead of just the one in the parking garage.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Cutiecheeks11
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We are from northern Nevada and visit SF once a year or so. We typically stay at Cow Hollow but given a last minute trip, that property was booked. (We were in the city the weekend between Christmas and New Years). We checked with Lombard Motor Inn (a sister property of Cow Hollow) and rooms were available. We understand rooms had recently been renovated. We had two rooms (5 in our party). The rooms were nice and clean. The beds were comfy. The property is close to bus lines (Chestnut). We walked to Palace of Fine Arts in one direction and the Exploratorium the other. The staff at Lombard Motor Inn were very friendly and offered suggestions for dining. I would definitely recommend this property.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Netti D
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We needed a place to stay for 2 nights and wanted a place that was walking distance to Fisherman's Wharf and had free parking. I searched Trip Advisor and kept coming back to Lombard Motor Inn. We are SO happy that we decided on staying here. The hotel is easy to locate, has FREE parking, clean rooms, and a good price. Edgar was a great host and very helpful. Easy walking to Fisherman's Wharf and the crooked street. We will stay at Lombard again next time we visit the SF area.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank mamamarz
Reviewed 1 January 2014

For the price of this place to be honest with you I was expecting it to be not so nice but WOW did they exceed my expectations! You really can't beat the free parking in this city, plus the room was spotless, bathrooms were clean, and the staff are very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. The location is perfect, its walking distance to Buena Vista for irish coffees which is my favorite thing to do in this city, I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 7Ashley7Boo7
Reviewed 30 December 2013

As mentioned, this hotel has free parking! The receptionist, Michael, was affable, even with several parties waiting to check in. The room was fairly large, the beds having been made up with some style and with a comfortable mattress. There was a flat screen TV and clean bathroom. There were two innocuous cookie-cutter landscape prints hanging on the wall which were easily unnoticed so as not to bother anyone. We didn't find any writing or note paper or pens when we needed some nor any information about the area or hotel except for the note we were given when checking in. No fridge. There are white marble tiles on the bathroom floor and they are a bit easy to slip on if you wear bathroom slippers. There was a hook on the bathroom door for hanging robes when showering or tubbing but why is the sink area designed with no towel racks near? I have seen this in many hotels. You just place the hand towel on the counter. Then it mops up any splashes. If I were designing hotel lavatories I would certainly have a hook or towel rack at the sink. Also, it helps the towel dry faster. This is a humid city. But I digress.

Our room was on the first floor, with a little balcony looking out over Lombard St. I woke up the first morning wondering how it was possible for traffic to go so fast and so loudly when I knew there was a stoplight just one block away. Guess it wasn't red. The noise abates of course, somewhat at midnight and after a while it was a kind of white noise. But Lombard Street is definitely noisy.The back rooms are quiet but face a blank wall which is all the view you get. We have stayed there once and I think at least the view across Lombard St. is kind of interesting so I would opt for a front room. We aren't, however, planning on staying here again because of this issue.

There are a few food stores and a coffee place a stone's throw away if you get hungry.I read that one of the guests complained that there was no water provided but I thought the tap water was actually very good, perhaps because I know it comes all the from Hetch Hetchy, in Yosemite.

A wonderful fact regarding location is that you can stroll about 6 or 7 pleasant residential blocks to the Fort Mason park and dine at the fabulous Green's Restaurant which looks out at a harbor adjacent to the yacht club. Great view, great food!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple