“Excellent for the price and location”
Review of Lombard Motor Inn

Lombard Motor Inn
Ranked #78 of 228 Hotels in San Francisco
San Francisco, California
“Excellent for the price and location”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I am actually still at the motel. But I have stayed long enough to give my impressions.
A great price for the location and quality. I walked to fisherman wharf to have dinner. About a 25 minute walk. I have a bad back, but it was an easy walk. The neighborhood seems nice. I walked back to my motel at dusk and at no time did I feel apprehensive. and I am a 63 year old man who would be a perfect target for the wrong sort of crowd. I am on the second floor sitting by the window facing van ness (a main street). It is 10 pm and I can't hear any street sounds. I either am in a room without any neighbors, or the insulation is very good. The check in lady was very nice and helpful.
There is no tub, just shower. OK with me as I am a shower person. There is complementary shampoo and conditioner but no lotion. I think you can get a refrigerator for a fee. I like to have one, just to keep drinks cold, but there is an ice machine down the hall. Bathroom clean, as is the linens and the room. Nice flat screen tv, a lot of channels. No microwave, but again, I don't use one. I have a king bed, dresser, night stand, heating and cooling, Free parking. Wireless is a bit slow, but works fine.

So, for $86, and walking distance to the warf,, I think it is a very excellent motel and a very reasonable price. If it cost more, then I would go down the street, but too often, you find a place that is a reasonable price, but it is shabby and in a bad part of town. So, if you need more perks, tub, lotion, I am not sure if it has a breakfast (although, I think they are silly and never use them. I am never on such a budget that I have to settle for a couple of rolls etc.). But, if you wand microwave, refrigerator, and whatever perks, go down the street and pay more, after all this is a tourist destination and the bigger hotels charge more and I don't think they offer too much more. This is perfect for me. I will be coming back with my grand kids over Easter and will stay here. I come down often to go to the VA and this will be on the top of my list. I recommend this to family, friends, and anyone reading this.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank etavonni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Great place to stay considering price and parking was included! Rooms were clean (smoke-free), the front desk staff was very friendly and efficient and enthusiastic about his job. Wi-Fi was included. Only thing is if you're facing the streets you could hear random screaming from passers by and traffic... so light sleepers be aware.

Room Tip: Bridge view rooms are loud, rooms facing back streets would be quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Henny T
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Excellent location. All staff was awesome except one guy who checked us out on Monday morning,he just wasn't helpful. The rest were awesome. So clean. Older but so well kept and close to so much. Nice parking which was free in comparison of the $50 extra many others wanted.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank vacationerin
Willmar, Minnesota
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Great location for walking to the Fisherman's Wharf (some steep hills, however), free parking, awesome beds, clean rooms and Edgar at the front desk was very helpful! We would definitely stay here again. Get breakfast across the street at the cafe after 7:30am. We felt safe walking to the Wharf after dark and had a blast driving and walking up and down the Lombard Street! If you are looking for fancy this is not it, but the Lombard Motor Inn is definitely a great value!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank lmlarson76
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed here 2 nights in Feb 2014. The front desk staff were really firendly. I only had Edgar and he was great. Showed where to go, gave me a map, gave me all the insights and answered a lot of questions. Always smiling and happy. Room was very clean, big, spacious and quiet. No problems whatsoever. Good location.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Akshay N
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Eventhough this was not a chain type hotel I found the accommodations to be as good if not better than some of the chain hotels I have stayed at.

The price was also better than reasonable when you consider other hotels in San Francisco that cost a lot more.

I would have given a five rating except for the fact that were no instructions on how to set up the closed caption (CC) for the TV. The TV used a Comcast basic remote which did not have a menu selection for the CC. If you need CC use the TV controls on the right side of the cabinet. The selections are on the side but the buttons are on the back.

Dinning accommodations in the immediate walking range are also limited.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Bruce B
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

1st time SFO. Checking in was fast and we park our car for free. Friendly staff was fast and help. Room was clean, spacious and quiet. Bed is big and the free wifi is good. Driving to Fisherman Wharf, Crockedest Street and cable car are all near. Value for money.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple