The location of the hotel is very convenient, a short walk from Fisherman's Wharf, on bus and cable car lines. There's a mall with Trader Joe nearby. You have to pay extra for the refrigerator in room, but it's worth it if you prefer to save on restaurants (but don't try to save if you don't really have to, San Francisco restaurants are amazing, and for breakfast, the grilled cheese sandwich at Boudin's at the Wharf is to die for). It's a little deserted at night but I felt reasonably safe walking alone.
The room was no-frills but big and clean. Heater was a bit too noisy but worked well. I've asked for a room facing courtyard, and it was reasonably quiet. There is a nightclub next door but I couldn't hear anything from it, although when people come out the door and talk loudly, this was annoying, but I only had this problem for one weekend night.
People at the reception were friendly and helpful. There's also a bike rental shop next door, I've rented a bike one day and went to Sausalito and Tiburon, a great ride.
I didn't have a car but this should be a really convenient place to stay if you have one. Together with the reasonable price, I'd recommend this place, unless you really need a very quiet place to sleep (but I'm not sure this is easy to find in SF).
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Columbus Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Columbus Motor Hotel San Francisco
- Columbus Hotel San Francisco
- Columbus Motel San Francisco
- Columbus Motor Inn San Francisco